power issue

/ power issue #1  

mpetrie

I am having an ongoing issue with my 2005 Massey 1533. It every now and again will lose all power will idle up and down. It acts like gelled fuel. I have changed fuel filters air filters added fuel treatment. Anyone else ever have this issue?

/ power issue #2  
I haven't had the problem... Any smoke at the time this happens, white or black?

/ power issue
No does't smoke at all. In fact all it does is lose power like the fuel is gelled.

/ power issue #4  
Would it be possible to remove your right engine panel and at the time you start to lose power, jump down and see what the fuel bowl looks like or better yet have someone near you to check the fuel bowl? As in, check to see if it is full of fuel?

While you are there, make sure your fuel valve is to full "on" the bowl is tight and there is no leaks at the bowl. My thinking is you could be sucking air, but there are many ways that air could get into the system. So we have to start somewhere to track it down.

EDIT... For now lets forget about the gelling, unless you live where it is 10* right now outside. I don't want you to be stuck on the gelling and not see something else that could be the problem.

/ power issue
I tried what you suggested and fiund that the fuel bowl is going empty while this power problem/fuel problem occures. I am going to look for a kinked fuel line. Do you know what is in line before the fuel bowl?

Thanks
Matt

/ power issue #6  
Ok now we are getting somewhere... As far as I know there is nothing between the tank and filter.

Look at the filter, the line on the left is the line that goes to the tank, it will run behind the engine then up to the tank.

While you are looking, the line on the right goes to the fuel pump, you will see a gold looking thing that looks like a filter, that's the pump, I don't think that is your problem.

I think your problem is you have "crap" (for less then a better word) in your tank. While the tractor is moving the "crap" is blocking the feed to the filter. Solution, empty the tank, remove and clean, install. You can take what ever short cut you feel you can to clean the tank if you don't want to remove it. The best thing I can come up with is, remove the "left" line from the filter, let the fuel run into something so you can see the "crap" that could come out, then take compressed air and blow into the fill opening (use a rag to block what you can so to pressurize the tank around the air supply, airgun) and see if any "stuff" comes out of that line.

To add, if nothing comes from the tank, all is clean, then I am wrong and your fuel pump is bad, replace it, but to me, if you go dry at the filter, it seems a supply problem and not a delivery problem... I am 100% sure it is one problem or the other I have posted here.

/ power issue
Thank you I will be trying this as soon as I get the chance and I will let you know'

Matt

/ power issue
Thank for the help I found the fuel line to be clogged. I have not empteed the talk of diesel yet so I am not sure if there is more garbage in the talk but I will be checking that as well. Seems to run great now.