Power loss

/ Power loss #1  

Brady D

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910, Case farmall 95, John Deere 317g
Today I ran a disc for several hour and on the way back to my barn the tractor would have a loss of power it would be completely normal but when a small hill came the tractor wouldn’t lug down it would just drop rpm’s slowly like you were decreasing the throttle and when you tried to push the pedal or set the throttle it would have no affect at all then it would mostly clear up but the tractor never fully came back to power there was no smoke and the engine didn’t sound bad any ideas?

/ Power loss #2  
Retrace your path to where the problem first appeared. Look around and/or use a magnet to retrieve the wiggle pin from where it fell after coming loose from the wobble shaft. If that doesn't turn anything up,tell us what kind of tractor is involved.🤪

/ Power loss
Retrace your path to where the problem first appeared. Look around and/or use a magnet to retrieve the wiggle pin from where it fell after coming loose from the wobble shaft. If that doesn't turn anything up,tell us what kind of tractor is involved.🤪
It is a ford1910

/ Power loss #4  
Brady
Is this gear drive or hydrostatic? From your description of push the pedal I suspect hydrostatic. If hydrostatic pushing on the pedal tries to increase travel speed which will put more load on the engine. Let off a little on the pedal and engine RPM should increase.

/ Power loss #5  
Could be a clogged fuel filter.

/ Power loss #6  
Could be a clogged fuel filter.
This.

Brady, looking at the pictures in your fuel line post the fuel filter would be the likely problem. May even have algae in the fuel.

/ Power loss
This.

Brady, looking at the pictures in your fuel line post the fuel filter would be the likely problem. May even have algae in the fuel.
I have a new filter on the way I’m thinking it’s probably just a really dirty filter

/ Power loss
Brady
Is this gear drive or hydrostatic? From your description of push the pedal I suspect hydrostatic. If hydrostatic pushing on the pedal tries to increase travel speed which will put more load on the engine. Let off a little on the pedal and engine RPM should increase.
It is gear drive I believe