Power rake?

/ Power rake? #1  

Tchamp

Silver Member
Tractor
Power trac PT-2422
I have a power rake attachment and not sure how to use it or what it’s purpose is for the power trac configuration, it looks as if it could be used for removing roots, small trees and leveling ground.
Does anyone have experience with this attachment? IMG_5487.JPG

/ Power rake? #2  
That looks mor like a sheeps foot compactor. But looking on-line I see it's a rake. Does it not angle for windrowing material? I have an 8 foot Harley rake and the angling is kind of key for most work.

Just think of it as a planer of sorts. Not really for removing trees. Mostly for breaking up and levelling ground.

/ Power rake? #4  
:laughing: What exactly is he trying to accomplish?

/ Power rake? #7  
It may look like a compaction tool, but that isn't what it does. It grinds to a set depth.

It's used to level soils prior to seeding or for sod, although I guess you could use it as an intermediate step in foundations between compaction rounds. The four wheels set a level plane that in successive passes tend toward level. It is quite fast compared to the alternatives, until you step up to GPS control.

All the best,

Peter

/ Power rake?
It may look like a compaction tool, but that isn't what it does. It grinds to a set depth.

It's used to level soils prior to seeding or for sod, although I guess you could use it as an intermediate step in foundations between compaction rounds. The four wheels set a level plane that in successive passes tend toward level. It is quite fast compared to the alternatives, until you step up to GPS control.

All the best,

Peter

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated

/ Power rake? #9  
It windrows fine. The tool doesn't need to angle. The machine articulates.