Power service additive, one ounce?

/ Power service additive, one ounce? #1  

bones1

Platinum Member
St.Marys County. Maryland/Tall Timbers Md.
Tractor
Farmtrac 300 dtc
How do you guys measure out small quantities of Power Service. I have a Kabota with a small tank, maybe 3.5 gal and a 300DTC with a 10 gallon.A capful or so?.

/ Power service additive, one ounce? #2  
I and I am not alone, use the glug method. :D One or two glugs from the bottle makes an ounce. Or close to it. I would rather put in too much than not enough.

The BEST solution I heard was to take an old baby bottle to measure the amount. I have some bottles somewhere. The Glug method has worked so far. :D

Later,
Dan

/ Power service additive, one ounce? #3  
Stop by a motorcycle shop. Most sell a small measuring container for mixing two stroke fuel. They are marked with standard and metric markings as well as ratio marks such as 25:1, 50:1, etc. I always keep one around to mix fuel stabilizer, chainsaw mix, trimmer mix, etc. They are not expensive. One brand I can think of is Ratio Rite.

RATIO-RITE MEASURING CUP

Terry

/ Power service additive, one ounce? #4  
Stop by a motorcycle shop. Most sell a small measuring container for mixing two stroke fuel. They are marked with standard and metric markings as well as ratio marks such as 25:1, 50:1, etc. I always keep one around to mix fuel stabilizer, chainsaw mix, trimmer mix, etc. They are not expensive. One brand I can think of is Ratio Rite.

RATIO-RITE MEASURING CUP

Terry

You can also use one of those old "Grand Canyon" shot glasses:D

/ Power service additive, one ounce? #5  
If you use Sta-Bil for gas treatment, save the empty container. It has a measure feature. I just marked the outside clearly so I know which one to use. It also helps that it is a clear bottle and Sta-Bil is red, Power Service is yellow.

/ Power service additive, one ounce? #6  
For 10 gallons, that's 37810 cc. The usual dosage is about 0.15%. That's about 60 cc, which is 4 tablespoonfuls or 2 ounces.

I always keep the measurement things that come with stuff like herbicides. As others pointed out, some of the 2 cycle oils have measurement gizmos, too. Otherwise, ya gotta borrow something from the wife's kitchen.

Ralph

/ Power service additive, one ounce? #7  
Just dump some in and call it a day, like another poster said, too much is better than too little.

/ Power service additive, one ounce? #9  
I used to worry about measuring Powerservice. Then I got stuck on the side of the road with gelled filters too many times and wised up and have switched to Howes Diesel Treat.

The bottle is clear and has gradations on it.

/ Power service additive, one ounce? #10  
If you use Sta-Bil for gas treatment, save the empty container. It has a measure feature. I just marked the outside clearly so I know which one to use. It also helps that it is a clear bottle and Sta-Bil is red, Power Service is yellow.

I thought I was the only one that was lazy enough to do this:D.