Power steering hose for ford 4500

/ Power steering hose for ford 4500 #1  

somanytractors

Silver Member
Tractor
several
I need the high pressure power steering hose for my 4500. When I look on ebay I can't find anything for 4500 so I look for 4000, which usually works. But the hose that comes up fits 2000, 3000, and a few others. I have a 3000 and the hose on it is not the same.
My 4500 has the big cylinder down inside the frame. I put a pic below.
Can anyone tell me the part number for this hose, or direct me to one? The hose that's there now has been improperly spliced and I'm not even sure it's the right end. The splice isn't leaking. It leaks where it screws into the cylinder. It might just need an o-ring but then the splice still needs to be dealt with. If the right hose is reasonable, I'd rather just replace it and be done with it, then go through the hassle of piecing this one back together.

Thanks for any help:)
John

IMG_1898.JPG

/ Power steering hose for ford 4500 #2  
I would suspect that if you take the hose to a hydraulic supplier they could fabricate a new one.

/ Power steering hose for ford 4500 #3  
Yes take the hose to a hydraulic shop

/ Power steering hose for ford 4500 #4  
The cost to have one made for you will be most likely higher maybe 2 or 3 times more but and it is a big but, you will have the hose and tractor back up and running and not spending hours on the internet, phone or road trying to find a premade hose.

I do use premade hoses when I have the ability to which normally means having plenty of time, needed to visit the source I find has a good selection and not really locked into a certain fitting or hose length. Such as hoses on remote controlled equipment.

/ Power steering hose for ford 4500 #5  
Most times aftermarket hoses will cost much less than PN factory hoses.
Any good hose shop can match any style and any fittings.

/ Power steering hose for ford 4500
Yeah. Looks like I'll be taking it to the local hose shop.
I did mange to find a hose for $360. There's no way I'm paying that for a power steering hose. The local shop is pretty reasonable. I'm probably looking at $40 or less.
I'm not sure about the fitting but I'll take a good look at it. Probably just needs an o-ring. From what I've read it's got a special fitting that you cant get. Hopefully that's wrong and the shop does have one. Or maybe if this one is good they can use it. Worse case scenario, I can weld a new fitting to the cylinder to fit what they do have. I do know I'm not paying $360 for a power steering hose.

Thanks everyone :)
John

/ Power steering hose for ford 4500
I took it to the local hose and tube shop.
It is a special end. They couldn't make a new hose because they cant get the right end.
They was able to fix it though. I wasn't sure they could because it was cut close to the bend and the tube was a bit screwed up. The guy brazed a fitting on it. Cost me $23 and it looks pretty good to me.
1626739404059.png