Power Steering noise

/ Power Steering noise #1  

Justaplain

Gold Member
Tractor
DK35
DK 35 60Hrs When it gets well warmed up I have a vibrating hum start. If I put just a little pressure on the steering wheel either way and hold it the noise stops. When I release the pressure it[the noise] comes right back. Called the dealer a month ago and he was going to check with NC??? or wherever and no reply yet. Still have 8 months on the warantee for it to blow up. bcs

/ Power Steering noise #2  
Best of luck with your power steering.

My Kubota has some problems too. Every time I start to turn the steering wheel there is this creaking cracking sound. Goes away as soon as I stop turning.

Egon

/ Power Steering noise #3  
Hello BCS,

I have the same noise on my DK35 power steering when warmed up. As you said the noise goes away with a little pressure on the steering wheel. I think the noise may be the nature of the beast. I will keep an eye on this post and see if anyone has more insight.

/ Power Steering noise
I finaly got an answer from Kioti. They suggested a stuck relief valve, but how does that explain only sounding off when it warms up? bcs

/ Power Steering noise #5  
Heard the same noise for the first time last night on my DK40.I was working it pretty fast moving horse manure and when putting it away I could hear this humming noise.Barely move the steering wheel and it was quiet.The tractor has about 80 hrs.
Mike

/ Power Steering noise
Join the club. My dealer has a $300 part that NC told him to try, to see if it worked. Now I have to wait till he gets here. I'll keep you posted.

This noise does not come till the tractor is real warm, doing the same chore as you, but I am getting them outside now so it is a case of less and less. I bet it will really whistle when I get to mowing. bcs