Oil & Fuel Power steering pump bypassing fluid to crankcase

/ Power steering pump bypassing fluid to crankcase #11  
X 2..........My experience is wear internally in the gear set, housing and wear plates more than 50% of the time.......best to replace

I agree with this too.

wdchyd, What do you think of Commercial Shearing brand?

/ Power steering pump bypassing fluid to crankcase #12  
I agree with this too.

wdchyd, What do you think of Commercial Shearing brand?

Commercial (now owned by parker), Permco, Lynch (and other copycats) are good pumps for cast iron larger displacement/mutiple gear units with roller bearings

Very common with mobil equipment applications, easy to rebuild/repair......tough for small tractor-like uses cuz of the space requirements......most rated for 2000psi (unless premachined with dowels in the housings for 2500psi)

Parker has been buying up other hyd mfgs to add to their cataloges the last few years..........but overall not a bad fixed-displacement pump for simplicity and versatility if you're looking for a "dumb pump" (one without pressure controls and such)

/ Power steering pump bypassing fluid to crankcase #13  
Generally, if the the pump pressure is adequate to deliver decent power steering, then the problem is the pump seal which can be replaced without getting into the pump. A wear groove will probably be apparent on the shaft where the seal lip rides. When installing a new seal, either reposition the new seal not as deep in the bore OR measure the shaft diameter and get a Speedi-Sleeve for the shaft to renew the wear area.