Power tool for removing stones from lawn?

/ Power tool for removing stones from lawn? #31  
HTML:
I use the Stihl Power Broom every spring. My FS90R runs it with ease. I don't have the Kombi system, but I have most of the attachments. The Power broom paddles can be removed in about 3 seconds and the Power Bristle drums attached to the same gearbox/arms.

I do this stuff for a living now, so I get quite a bit of use from them all. I used to usee my biggest backpack blowers, and they worked quite well, but nothing is faster and more agile than the Power Broom, especially when it comes to ditches etc. I removed over a half ton of gravel and sand from this ditch (it is about 200' long) this spring in relatively short order-

I have their Kombi system and it works great. From your pictures it looks like you push the rock. That was the way I originally did it, but I've found it much easier to pull. Although you do shoot the stones back over your shoes and stuff, it is much less work for me.

The dealer is actually the one who told me, and I tried and he was right. He reversed the mounting of the drive at the end of the shaft.

/ Power tool for removing stones from lawn? #32  
I have their Kombi system and it works great. From your pictures it looks like you push the rock. That was the way I originally did it, but I've found it much easier to pull. Although you do shoot the stones back over your shoes and stuff, it is much less work for me.

The dealer is actually the one who told me, and I tried and he was right. He reversed the mounting of the drive at the end of the shaft.

I tried it that way before deciding I preferred the push method. I did not like the stones flying at me, or the debris filling my shoes. Plus, where I was doing that, I would have had to bend way down to reach the bottom of the ditch. The pics don't show how deep it is from the shoulder of the road to the bottom of the ditch very well.

Plus- If you ever spray your legs with fresh dog crap you overlooked that was covered by fresh leaves or dirt etc, you'll quickly go back to pushing too ( I never did, but could see it happening in some of the places I have to use the PB. LOL

/ Power tool for removing stones from lawn? #33  
Yes, it definitely sprays the stones back at you when using the pull method. For me, it seems a lot less work, even pulling up vs pushing all that weight up. I thought maybe you'd never tried it that way, and thought I'd mention it.

But, I've never hit fresh dog crap yet... :laughing: