Power-trac-in?

/ Power-trac-in? #1  

agjones

Platinum Member
Tractor
Rk55HC 4n1 fel/bh, Power-Trac 1850, 425d, Terex pt30, Kubota kx033, bx1880, yanmar 8x8 dumper, Magnatrac mh5000 w/ loader, six way blade & backhoe, Dew-eze ATM72LC Slope Mower, Terramite t6 4wd, DR Power brush mower
So I've wondered about this before both for power trac and magnatrac (I operate 2 of both)....if there's any interest in an owner gathering, I would be glad to host at the campground we operate. There's good options for non - camping all around us. Plenty of dirt to try out tips and tricks on.

Unlikely, I know.

Just a thought.

/ Power-trac-in? #2  
It would be fun. A little far for us, but my wife IS fond of the outer banks.... ;)

/ Power-trac-in? #3  
Sounds like a good thing, but I'm with MR distance to travel

/ Power-trac-in? #4  
Do I have to bring my tractor?

/ Power-trac-in? #5  
I don't have either tractor but, if I could arrange it, would like to come and watch them play. I have an interest in both.

/ Power-trac-in? #6  
I would be interested depending on the date of course.

/ Power-trac-in?
Well I figured it'd be too far for most... But happy to host anyone... Don't necessarily have to bring a tractor but how else would I get all my laundry list done?

I'm open to pretty much any weekend may - Oct... Either for a power trac in or just a kick around.

For 2019, We're building a new campground on the blue ridge Parkway near Meadows of Dan VA, wineries and hotels are closer... So is Tazewell....

Some body in the thread asked about just trying one of my pt out... Sure, most anytime...

/ Power-trac-in? #8  
Off the subject a little but how big a job putting a Predator in. Did it match up or was there a lot of modifications involved?

/ Power-trac-in?
Yep off topic... Nbd

Try this thread... The machine I put the predator in is probably a 422 or 425...never got a definite answer.

Any way, mods, not too serious, I cut the mesh end of the tub off since it was damaged and added 2" in length to accommodate the predator size difference. If you have hydraulic treadle and not the cable control... Probably an avoidable mod.

If you have other questions ask in a new thread... Others have more info and may not pay attention to this thread... I'm happy to share what I have learned... The predator is competent, cheap. The Honda stub shaft is expensive but fits... There's a shaft guy on ebay that may be cheaper than Honda oem...

I'll never recommend you put in a robin. But my bias aside, expensive new coils in an unknown used engine... Nah... Regardless of brand. Get 2 predators or 1 Honda gx6x0 with a warranty... They're good enough for the ultralight guys who strap them to their backs and...

/ Power-trac-in?