Powering orbital motors with JD model 5 tractor

/ Powering orbital motors with JD model 5 tractor #1  

thewalnutguy

Tractor
john deere 5075e
I discovered by reading the owners' manual for my JD 5075e tractor, only after buying the tractor, that the tractor's hydraulic is NOT to be used to power orbital motors. I should have done my homework better before making that purchase as one of the main uses for the tractor will be running a chipper with hydraulic feed rollers. John Deere does make a "power beyond" kit for the model 5 tractors, but it ain't cheap and the installation is somewhat involved (suggest dealer installation) and the description of the kit cautions that the owner should monitor the heat of the hydraulic system and if that's a problem to discontinue use. I've checked with Kubota and Farmall dealers and been told there's no problem with driving orbital motors from the tractors' hydraulics. It would be nice if the model 5 JDs had a mid PTO which could drive a hydraulic pump such as my Kubota L3600 has, but they don't. It doesn't look as if I'd be able to drive a pump from the front of the tractor's crank. Short of trading off my JD with only 180 hours for a tractor of a different color my only option might be to mount an engine-driven pump using a 10-15 hp engine off the front end of the tractor along with a hydraulic reservoir and long hoses going to the back end of the tractor.