Powering sprayer thru flood lamp circuit OK?

/ Powering sprayer thru flood lamp circuit OK? #1  

Pilot

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 770, Yanmar 180D, JD 420 (not running), had a Kubota B6200
I have one of those cheapie 15 gallon sprayers. Pump is rated 4 amps max. I need an electrical source for the sprayer. I find on my 770 a connector for a flood light and I don't have any flood lights. Flood light circuit has a 10 amp fuse. I am guessing all I have to do is plug the sprayer into the flood light connector, turn on the light switch to the work light position and spray away.

Am I missing anything here? What could go wrong?

And if anyone is interested, I will be strapping the sprayer to the lower arms on the 3 pt. hitch. Ground is rough, lots of stumps, so I will just take the hose & wand and walk around spraying between my 3 year old Doug fir seedlings. Not as convenient as a boom arrangement, but I don't want to spray the trees and with the rough ground I would have lots of missed spots and spots where I double sprayed. Just 3 1/2 acres to cover.

/ Powering sprayer thru flood lamp circuit OK? #2  
Thats how I did mine on my 790. Have never had a problem or poped a fuse.

/ Powering sprayer thru flood lamp circuit OK? #3  
I just did the same thing on my 2320... I checked mine and it draws about 3 amps, which shouldn't be a problem for the circuit. I did however unplug my rear light when I use the sprayer..