Powerstar T4.75 - Any positive reviews?

/ Powerstar T4.75 - Any positive reviews? #1  

danisiri

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060HDC12
I'm looking to upgrade from my LS XR4040H and have been trying to decided between a Kubota M7060HDC or NH PowerStar T4.75. Both dealers are very close to home.

There are only a handful of threads on the boards, so I was curious if anyone could provide some feedback on the PowerStar, please? How is the build quality? Reliability? Anyone have the newest version with their pseudo-catalytic converter?

Thanks all!

/ Powerstar T4.75 - Any positive reviews? #2  
There are several good reviews on YouTube of the T series. The ones I have seen are positive. My dealer sells Kubota, New Holland, and Mahindra. He told me that he could put me in a comprable Mahindra at the same price of a New Holland To series with 10 more HP. I'm certain Kubota and New Holland are both priced higher but still sell well. No inherit issues with any of those units according to my dealer.

/ Powerstar T4.75 - Any positive reviews? #3  
I think that the price point for the capabilities is hard to beat. That said when I was considering the case (same tractor but in red) I was wanting a 120hp. Pretty much the same as a 100 but the jump from the 75-100 was pretty substantial in terms of size and capabilities. If you can swing it, I'd look into those also

Brett

/ Powerstar T4.75 - Any positive reviews? #4  
I have a friend that purchased a T.75;made in Turkey and he is trading it after only one year of use.Don't know all the details but apparently he is not happy with it.

/ Powerstar T4.75 - Any positive reviews?
I have a friend that purchased a T.75;made in Turkey and he is trading it after only one year of use.Don't know all the details but apparently he is not happy with it.

Exactly my fear. I looked at reviews online that I could find, and it's mixed. I don't want to see mixed, lol...I want to see glowing reviews.

/ Powerstar T4.75 - Any positive reviews? #6  
I have had mine for a year. Really I like mine. No issues at all

/ Powerstar T4.75 - Any positive reviews? #7  
I have 246 hours on mine, just over a year. In the last year I have had 3 warranty claims, the first two were very simple, cable came off the front end loader not allowing my to use it until repaired, and then a wire came off the starter not allowing it to start. The third is the air conditioner, It is a known design flaw having the air going through the ac condenser first then the heater grid next. During the hay harvesting last year, 90+ degrees out and I am roasting in the cab with the ac on high. The fan is screaming at me as well. On my journey back home, about six miles from the field the vents started to spit water out at me. I have all of this on video for the dealership to see. As for the rest of the tractor I absolutely love it.

/ Powerstar T4.75 - Any positive reviews? #8  
I have a 2016 bought last October, only 30 hours on it. But, since you ask for glowing reviews you can count mine. Great tractor, cab is very roomy and laid out well. Build quality has been great.

No DEF, one of the reasons I bought it. No regen system either. It does go into a catalyst burn off mode every 5-7 hours to burn the soot off the walls of the particulate system. All you hear is a beep and a signal flashes on the dash that looks like a puff of smoke. Nothing else, no loss of power or any shut down.

I compared with Kubota too, great tractors. I just got a better deal on the T 4.75 and it was a bigger cab & heavier machine than the 7060 I looked at and drove.

I did a lot of research on the T 4.75 series before I bought mine. The early models do get some bad reviews. I talked to a couple of guys from Texas on this forum that bought the 4.75 and love theirs. Along with an incredible dealer, that was the dealmaker for me.

/ Powerstar T4.75 - Any positive reviews? #9  
Exactly my fear. I looked at reviews online that I could find, and it's mixed. I don't want to see mixed, lol...I want to see glowing reviews.
The entire online review process is skewed towards negative reviews.

/ Powerstar T4.75 - Any positive reviews?
The entire online review process is skewed towards negative reviews.

Yes it is. The old PR adage holds true that an unhappy customer will tell 10x as many people about his bad experience versus a happy customer about his good one.