Pressure Washer water supply

/ Pressure Washer water supply #1  

cmyoung2

Gold Member
Tractor
BCS 850, Kubota BX2230 w/FEL, mid mount mower, 41" tiller Kubota L3600 w/4-1FEL, Farmi winch
Have a gas powered pressure washer 4000psi, 4gpm I think. Normally run it off my outside hydrants, 1" with a 5/8" hose. Found out my Mom's house system supplied through 1/2" lines couldn't supply enough water. Need to use the washer where there is no water supply, for a couple of very small, fast jobs. I have a couple of 55 gal drums, but I think I need a way to push the water to the washer, as in I don't think gravity will supply water fast enough.
Ideas? I do have a generator I could put on the truck. Would a sump pump supply enough fast enough? Looking for cheap, easy, probably will only need it a couple of times.

/ Pressure Washer water supply #2  
Yea,even if you ran 2"pipe from barrel to pressure wash,the 3/4" inlet to washer won't flow 4gpm gravity. Pumps are desighned to pump a small gpm of water at high pressure or a greater gpm at low pressure. Check out an inexpensive 115v shallow well water pump if you need to plumb to threaded bungs on barrels. I just bought a 1/3 hp 115v 3k gph sump pump at Home Depot for $60. It require's an 18" hole so you would need open top ballels with clamp on lids. This pump has 2" fpt discharge and will move 3k gph at 25' lift. You will find a thousand uses for a sump pump and can probly find one that pumps less gpm (you only need 250 gpm) much cheaper.

/ Pressure Washer water supply #3  
We run a 4+gpm pressure washer off IBC totes with no problems, no pump. One setup the washer is mounted on the bed of truck with the totes so just relying on the water column weight.

/ Pressure Washer water supply #4  
2.3' water column = 1psi of head pressure. Hard to believe that an outdoor spigot plumbed with a 1/2" line can't fill a 5 gallon bucket in one minute!! She must have some fouled water lines or her pump/pressure tank is shot.