Buying Advice Pressure Washer

/ Pressure Washer #21  
I have had horrible luck with CAT. After going through two CAT pumps on my 13 HP direct drive I went back to General, best pump made. I will never touch CAT again, I really got soured by their durability. My 13 HP belt drive MiTM also uses General. CAT's look so well made but the ceramic seals just do not last with use. Maybe I should have used bottled Perrier with mine. Honda, tough to beat!

Honda engine, Cat pump. The rest is academic. I have the 13 HP Honda / Cat and after 15 years of use, it runs like a well-oiled Singer sewing machine.

/ Pressure Washer
What ever you get, get one with the Honda engine. I have 4 pressure washers, with all Honda engine. 5, 8, 11, 13 HP. GPM's is good, and but they never run at the rated pressure. They only go into relief at that pressure, maybe. Also, the accessories is what makes cleaning easier. , such as a turbo nozzle, driveway rotary cleaner, a unit that will also blast sand as you pressure wash, sewer cleaner, 24 ft extend-a boom. I have done cool decks, docks, brick concrete, wood, fence, patio furniture, auto's, mobile homes, etc. The most difficult to clean is old oil that has been there a while. Detergent and bleach injector is good to have also. A pressure gage is useful but not necessary, and will show the pressure you are using with any tip. To use less pressure, throttle the engine down to the desired pressure. Never, never drink water from a pressure washer gun.

Thanks, J_J I'll keep that in mind.:laughing:

/ Pressure Washer #23  
Whatever you do get a gas one. I had an electric and it sucked.

/ Pressure Washer #24  
I have 2 pressure washers - one cheap sealed Karcher [that does have oil in the pump] and the other a #67546 Horrible Feight model. Both were $300 items. The Karcher is 5.5HP -2.5GPM@ 2500. The HF is6.5HP -3GPM@ 2800psi. Both are good, but I would recommend the HF. It has an oil fill hole and dipstick as well as an adjustable output pressure valve. It is new and bought with only the standard 90 warrantee since I knew i had a big project that would tell me what I had in just a few days. Ive put 12++hrs on it continuous wide open, full pressure ... running the tank dry and refilling repeatedly while preparing a 1600sqft floor for sealing - in the stubborn places using the narrow spray tip I was actually eroding the concrete. I have never run a sustained maximum demand on the Karcher like this. The HF acts the same as the day it was 1st started. I checked and added an ounce of engine oil. No pump oil.
If the output seems like it would be enuf for your projects, I recommend you try it.
larry

/ Pressure Washer #25  
I got a karcher for 89$ at walmart.. lowes has em too.. so does chineese store.

it's 1500 or 1700 pisi.. been a decent unit for the 5-6 uses I need it for a year..

soundguy

/ Pressure Washer
Thanks to all who provided input. :thumbsup:

Also, for everyones information, this Web site provided invaluable insight Pressure Washer Ratings. You may want to check it out for yourself.

I have narrowed it down to one of three models.

At HD
Husky 3000 psi Model #HU80432 Husky 3000 PSI, 2.5 GPM, Axial Cam Pump, Pressure Washer - HU80432A at The Home Depot

RIDGID 3000 psi Model # RD80701 RIDGID 3000 PSI, 2.6 GPM, CAT Pump, Pressure Washer - RD80701 at The Home Depot

At TSC
PowerBoss 3000 psi Model #20309 http://www.tractorsupply.com/outdoo...pm-gas-pressure-washer-carb-compliant-4100721

TSC, of course, did not have the PowerBoss in stock so I couldn't look it over closely. But, they gave me a "Raincheck" and will call when one comes in.

One thing disturbed me about the Husky model at HD, they had three sitting outside for sale as "reconditioned" with a $99 markdown. Is that because of problems with the washer? Didn't see any RIDGID models there, but there were about 10 or so other smaller Husky models as well. Doesn'r speak well for Husky.

Right now, I am leaning toward RIDGID, the most expensive, but will hold off laying out any cash until I can look over the PowerBoss at TSC.

If any of you have experience with any of these, please chime in. You input is golden.