Price aside, what are the use cases for double acting rear remotes vs float remotes?

/ Price aside, what are the use cases for double acting rear remotes vs float remotes? #1  

johnsayen

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
I only have float remotes. Price aside, what are the use cases where you’d want a double acting rear remote over a float rear remote?

thank you.

/ Price aside, what are the use cases for double acting rear remotes vs float remotes? #2  
The cylinder to stay where you set it. Think rear blade; tilt, angle, or offset. Pull type cutter with cylinder to control height.

/ Price aside, what are the use cases for double acting rear remotes vs float remotes? #3  
I'm not sure how your float valves work but the ones I have are double acting with a detent (float) position. They will hold a cylinder position or allow it to float depending on which position you choose. They work like a FEL control valve. power up, power down and float.

They give you both functions and can be used as a valve without a float position.

/ Price aside, what are the use cases for double acting rear remotes vs float remotes?
bdhs that’s exactly how mine work. That’s why I was questioning why anyone wouldn’t want that extra float detent position?

/ Price aside, what are the use cases for double acting rear remotes vs float remotes? #5  
Ok, I get you.

Personally, aside from the few extra $$ they cost, I see no reason not to have at least one. I'm not aware of any implements that wouldn't work with a detent valve.

/ Price aside, what are the use cases for double acting rear remotes vs float remotes? #6  
Your post was confusing. I thought your remotes only had Float :rolleyes::unsure::whistle:

/ Price aside, what are the use cases for double acting rear remotes vs float remotes? #7  
I wish that they all had a float mode

/ Price aside, what are the use cases for double acting rear remotes vs float remotes? #8  
I'm not sure how your float valves work but the ones I have are double acting with a detent (float) position. They will hold a cylinder position or allow it to float depending on which position you choose. They work like a FEL control valve. power up, power down and float.

They give you both functions and can be used as a valve without a float position.
DITTO

/ Price aside, what are the use cases for double acting rear remotes vs float remotes? #9  
bdhs that’s exactly how mine work. That’s why I was questioning why anyone wouldn’t want that extra float detent position?
Some implements such as hay cutters follow the couture of the ground better if control lever is placed in float position. Float is also utilized on front end loader boom hyd circuits to a limited degree.

/ Price aside, what are the use cases for double acting rear remotes vs float remotes? #10  
Anything with a single hose wants float valve for ease of use.

I have one valve that is double acting detent. The tractor hyd system "loads" when using that valve to lower a dump body with single acting cylinder. With the float valve just put it in float and it lowers smoothly.

At the time, adding a float valve or detent valve was same price.