Price check. DK40Se HST

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #21  
No need to challenge. I understand all products...not just tractors...are subject to problems. My brother has a 4320 John Deere that is one month out of warranty and is now leaking oil about right about the middle of the tractor. On the other hand, I was feeling rushed anyway due to the June 30th deadline on the incentives. I'm probably going to miss a good deal and it may cost me money later but I'm hesitant now based on this problem. I'm going to think about it but just hate it because I had pretty much cancelled my visit to Mahindra this weekend and told the Kubota salesman of my plans. Going to sleep on it one more night.
RJ

I would add my voice to those advising you not to walk away from the DK40se or DK45se due to this chat room discussion of a technical issue. Keep in mind that the problem, as mysterious as it is doesn't interfer with function and has affected only a small minority of tractors. I've never heard the squeal on mine and if Rick Wallace has never heard it then it cannot affect more than a few percent of these machines. I'd buy another one today without question (I might opt for a cab now that I've removed most of the brush though:thumbsup:). Kioti can be slow in communicating publicly about these things but they have always eventually resolved the issues.

The L3940 is also a great tractor but you will pay substantially more (read less money for implements etc) and you will lose a significant amount of loader power (don't recall the specs on the Kubota loader but pretty sure they were at least several hundreds of pounds less on lift and breakout).

Last edited:
   / Price check. DK40Se HST #22  
FWIW, I too have a squealer, BUT I would not hesitate to buy Kioti again, possibly with a cab this time. Your call but consider the fact that you also get a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty too.
Good luck whatever you decide.:thumbsup:

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #23  
Coyote machine said:
Your call but consider the fact that you also get a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty too.:

I recall the warranty is 2 years bumper to bumper and an additional 2 years powertrain. I didn't check the website though.

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #25  
Correctamundo, it is 2 and 2, which is what I meant to say,:confused2: but I was focused on the fact that things like the transmission, which seems to be your, (OP's) concern is 4 years all internal parts, and labor. So if a major failure were to happen the critical parts are covered for a long time.
Nonetheless I mis-stated the facts, sorry.

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #26  
Don't let these posts change your mind. The problems posted doesn't mean it is on every tractor. If you search the other brands deep enough, I'm sure you will find recurring problems of some type on those as well.
Remember, you could have a potential problem w/ any color including the other
orange.

I have complete confidence in the Kioti DK's.

Buy the Kioti.

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #27  
I happen to have a geared Kioti but have,out of interest, recently followed a lot of threads on HST in all tractor brands.

A number of posters raise issues of excessive whine or squeal in various Brand's HST units, including Kubota.

As a Kioti and Kubota owner ( both with manual transmission) I would not base my decision on relatively isolated instances of a HST problem.

/ Price check. DK40Se HST
Thanks for everyone's help but I walked away. Not neccessarily from the brand but I'll be watching to see how Kioti handles it. I'm resigned to the fact that I'll pay $1500 to 2K more now (or more if I pick another brand) but so be it. Not taking the chance on bringing a new tractor home and feeling the remorse of having a transmission problem that is known. You know it's all about what lets's you sleep at night. I liked the tractor, seat comfort, loader strength, weight, 3pt hitch control on the back and other standard features that wer option on the other brands so I'll be back. Just not now.
RJ

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #29  
Kioti's new programs came out today. The bonus on the DK 40 increased by $500. I wish you wouldn't let the whine issue bother you. I have sold 7-8 DK's in the last 12-14 mos, all but one w/ cabs. Not a single trans. whine problem. All hydrostats will have some level of whine to them. It is the nature of hydros.

Like I said earlier, the other colors are going to have various issues as well. No brand is perfect.