Price Check Price on a B7800 and a B7500.

/ Price on a B7800 and a B7500. #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi, I need a price on both of these tractors and they both will have no hydrostat and have AG tires and also will be 4X4's.

Thanks, John.

/ Price on a B7800 and a B7500. #2  
I don't think they even make either of those models without the hydrostatic transmission (unless you get the B7500DTN - narrow tractor). The B7500 is a 2-range HST and the B7800 is a 3-range HST.

/ Price on a B7800 and a B7500.
Why wouldn't you want the HST Transmission? I know that the B7500 with HST Transmission w/ 302 FEL is about 12,200.

/ Price on a B7800 and a B7500. #4  
They do make a 7500DT that is standard tranny. 6 forward and 2 reverse. Great machine. I believe the 7800 is hydro only. What are you planning on doing with the tractor?

Hi, I have a friend that is works at a Kubota dealer and he said the problem their having with the HST is gears griding and I hate to tell you the cost of repair. He told me to buy tractors without the HST Trans. because of the cost of repairs if the Trans goes bad from these gears coming into contact with other gears. That's why you cann't change gear while moving.

Thanks, John.

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Sounds to me like they are confused. A hydrostat is just that . . . no gears to grind. I would check into the facts and see what the deal is.

/ Price on a B7800 and a B7500. #7  
John, somebody is badly confused. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hi, Have you ever taken a Kubota Transmission apart? This transmission costed the owner 4000 dollars in repairs by the Kubota dealer. They had to take the whole trackor from back to up to where the engine shaft to the trans is connected apart. Means hundreds of parts had to be removed. I couldn't believe what the trackor looked like when they found the problem. The only part intacted was engine and front end and front wheels.

John.

/ Price on a B7800 and a B7500. #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hi, I have a friend that is works at a Kubota dealer and he said the problem their having with the HST is gears griding and I hate to tell you the cost of repair. He told me to )</font>

I've used HST style trans. tractors for 20 years with not one problem. With anything it can break and cost money, I think most breakage with an HST trans. is dues to operator error or flat out abuse. I would much rather operate a HST tractor vs one that I have to stir the shifter on while performing loader work or other work any day of the year.

The dealer has had this same tractor back within two years with the same problem. Kubota says they have been having problems with this model.

John.