Price on a used L2800HST?

/ Price on a used L2800HST? #11  
Do you have any recollection how much it cost to replace that 3 Pt hitch valve?...
Never got a bill for labor (or parts) but I looked up both the L2800 valve and the Grand L version at the time (2006-ish). At that time (I'll have to double check) the Grand L was something like $373 and the crappy L2800 valve was $378... (I need to dust off an old computer to look up this stuff...)

WOW... Just looked up the cost now!?! ...Kubota learned how to gouge (must be following John Deere's plan). The Grand L valve is now $1,470.51 and the old L2800 valve is $578.34. For that price mark... I would learn to live with the jerky hitch (It's really livable...)

Really at the time, the valves were under $400.

/ Price on a used L2800HST?
Never got a bill for labor (or parts) but I looked up both the L2800 valve and the Grand L version at the time (2006-ish). At that time (I'll have to double check) the Grand L was something like $373 and the crappy L2800 valve was $378... (I need to dust off an old computer to look up this stuff...)

WOW... Just looked up the cost now!?! ...Kubota learned how to gouge (must be following John Deere's plan). The Grand L valve is now $1,470.51 and the old L2800 valve is $578.34. For that price mark... I would learn to live with the jerky hitch (It's really livable...)

Really at the time, the valves were under $400.

That's quite a jump for the Grand L valve. The old L2800 valve is probably just normal inflation. I know steel prices are well above what they were in 2006. Is the "old L2800 valve" the one that was jerky, or is that a better replacement? I'm betting they will just live with it, but thought I'd pass along the info.

/ Price on a used L2800HST? #13  
So in the parts diagram; L2800 has Old Style and New Style - Old ones are YR909- New ones are YR908- Most likely the replacement for the early ones is YR909-00104. Which would be the semi-smooth/jerky one**.

l2800 valve listed as OLD.jpg l2800 valves.jpg

**After the super jerky hitch, from mid-2006- for a while... people still complained about a "jerky" hitch but they were nothing compared to the original valve. It's a rumor that at some point kubota "said" they made internal changes that would not allow Grand L valves to be inserted into the "Standard" L tractors. I have my doubts...

/ Price on a used L2800HST? #14  
I have a L3400, big brither of the L2800, which I bought used in 2014 with about 500 hours, a "new" Kubota loader with SSQA , telescoping stabilizer arms, rear hydraulics, allmost new turf tires, and barn-kept condition. The first owner had used it for mowing, and I suppose decided to add the loader just before he splurged for a cabbed tractor. I have had no issues with it, whatsoever. (I did have to adjust the neutral safety switch, but that took 5 minutes, so I don't count it). I've added wheel spacers, tooth bar, chains, lighting, a parking brake warning light, and other convenience items, and one major fluid/filter change, but otherwise it has been trouble free. I think it's a great tractor, perfect for my needs, and I am glad I bought it. If I were to sell it, I think it would go for $16,000 with all the goodies. I also have a 78" snow plow, which I may sell seperately, since I haven't used it in about 4 years, and really don't need under our present arrangements. If the L2800 checks out, I think your friend will be happy.

/ Price on a used L2800HST?
Well, the divorced couple that was selling continued to argue for a while. They have been living out of the country, while the tractor is still here in VT. My friend backed out - a purchase was just not in the cards for him at this time. Another friend who expressed interest also decided they were in the "just can't swing it now" category. A dealer friend I called to check their idea of price had a lead who sounded very interested and was familiar with the model. They just never made contact.

I never did get around to advertising it publicly. The dealer suggested asking $13,000 but be ready to accept $12K. If it was a bit beat up, they might need to throw in the Woods BB60 brush mower to get the $12,000. He was betting they could get $12K without the mower, since there is a big shortage of tractors these days (They had their orders from Kubota cut in half, and there is hardly a New Holland on the lot.) Before I could get it advertised, they ended up selling the tractor and mower to the parents of the husband for $10,500. A low ball price, and he will likely only end up paying half that to the wife (the husband will give his half to them). From the buyers point of view, they have had the tractor at their place already since this past June, and they paid for over $1500 in maintenance: change all fluids, replaced broken PTO cable severely rusted/frozen top link, plus a few other items.