Price Check Pricing JD1070

/ Pricing JD1070 #1  

dtd24

Gold Member
Tractor
98 JD 1070
Well, I think I am finally ready to make the jump. I have been toying with it for some time. I am looking at a 1998 4wd 1070 with a 440 bucket loader and a 8b backhoe w/ 500 hrs. I have managed to talk the dealer down to $18,000. Just wondering how I did. Ready to sign up.

/ Pricing JD1070 #2  
Sounds like a fair deal... providing the tractor and attachments are in very good or excellent condition. But with just 500 hrs. -- everything should be in real good shape unless it's been used hard and abused.

I gave $19.8K a little more than a year ago (in Alaska) for a JD 970 with 80 FEL and 8B bh and several other attachments. Tractor had just over 400 hrs. and everything was straight with no damage or repairs; aside from the expected scratches and worn paint. Great unit!

Used it to uproot a considerable number of trees this past summer to expand our pasture acreage. Also buried water and power lines to the corral. Plowing snow all winter.

I haven't been disappointed with the performance of the equipment. (But... like younger women and faster horses... I keep lookin' sideways at those new hydro 40 series!) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
AKfish

/ Pricing JD1070 #3  
Yeah, as long as it doesn't look beat up thats a good deal. A new 990 set up the same would run about 26k and you wouldnt have draft control.

/ Pricing JD1070
Tractor is in great shape. I am very excited, this is my first. I will post some pics soon as it is delivered. I am in the process of shopping the loan. JD used machine rates are pretty high. 9.9 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I know I can better that.

AK what kind of horses do you have. I have three 1 half arab half saddlebreed, 1 welsh pony with lots of character, 1 arab boarder. Your description sounds alot like what I will be doing.

DTD24