Pricing Kioti vs Bobcat

/ Pricing Kioti vs Bobcat #1  

KevinMcD

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
I am putting together a proposal for my boss to purchase a new tractor. I went to the local Bobcat dealer and found out that they will start selling Kioti tractors this year. Ideally I would like to buy a DK50SE HST cab with FEL and backhoe. With the free FEL program I was quoted $36,900. For anyone looking currently, does this sound reasonable? Because money is always an issue, I also had him quote me on a 40HP, no cab, with FEL, backhoe and sunshade. The dealer told me this would be a Bobcat. The quote was $33,300 for a CT440. I was surprised to find that $3,600 gets me 10 more horse and a cab. I am trying to figure out if his Kioti price is good or his Bobcat price is high. I would think that they would be offering better pricing on the Bobcat to get rid of the inventory. The one thing I did notice on the Bobcat quote is that the FEL price was $100 higher and I was only discounted 2k, as opposed to 4k for the Kioti FEL. FEL and backhoe numbers were the same on both machines. I am also trying to determine if there are any real differences in the Bobcat version of the 40HP tractor or is it just paint color? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Kevin

/ Pricing Kioti vs Bobcat #2  
Purchased a Dk 45 hst open station last year with 3rd function diverter for a grapple and loaded tires, 25k. The same tractor with a cab was going to be 30k.

/ Pricing Kioti vs Bobcat #3  
I am putting together a proposal for my boss to purchase a new tractor. I went to the local Bobcat dealer and found out that they will start selling Kioti tractors this year. Ideally I would like to buy a DK50SE HST cab with FEL and backhoe. With the free FEL program I was quoted $36,900. For anyone looking currently, does this sound reasonable? Because money is always an issue, I also had him quote me on a 40HP, no cab, with FEL, backhoe and sunshade. The dealer told me this would be a Bobcat. The quote was $33,300 for a CT440. I was surprised to find that $3,600 gets me 10 more horse and a cab. I am trying to figure out if his Kioti price is good or his Bobcat price is high. I would think that they would be offering better pricing on the Bobcat to get rid of the inventory. The one thing I did notice on the Bobcat quote is that the FEL price was $100 higher and I was only discounted 2k, as opposed to 4k for the Kioti FEL. FEL and backhoe numbers were the same on both machines. I am also trying to determine if there are any real differences in the Bobcat version of the 40HP tractor or is it just paint color? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Kevin

Kevin, although there are regional differences in pricing, both prices seem high to me. As you know Bobcat is no longer going to sell tractors as they decided to not renew their agreement with Daedong in 2012. Daedong is the manufacture that makes Kioti Landini, Bobcat and McCormick. There are a few minor differences in a Kioti vs a Bobcat beside the paint color. for instance a Bobcat will not include draft control, and will have a different loader sourced from a different vendor. There are also a few minor electrical harness differences. The DK series will go away probably by late summer or fall as they are not Teir 4 final machines. The new NX series are out and for sale at this time and they are the Tier 4 final emissions replacement line for the DK. Again I would check prices elsewhere.

/ Pricing Kioti vs Bobcat #4  
The price on the DK50 cab sounds about right to me. Seems like your price is about $30,000 for the tractor and about $6,900 for the backhoe. I paid about $31,000 for mine with filled rear tires and an extra set of rear remotes. My deal was ok but certainly not the best deal you'll see on one.

So your price is cheaper than what I paid by a bit, depending on what he would charge for filling the tires and adding the extra remotes.

They are not making any more DK50's, which are Tier 3. When the Tier 3 tractors are gone, they're gone. Bye bye. I'd buy it if it fits your needs and budget.

/ Pricing Kioti vs Bobcat
Thanks for the input. Seems like a no-brainer to go with the DK50.

/ Pricing Kioti vs Bobcat #6  
does this dealer have the Bobcat 440 on hand? Doesn't sound like it, they way he is pricing it. However he writes it up, the Bobcat should show the loader @ no charge plus a $2000 discount/rebate from Bobcat on it plus any discount off MSRP dealer wants to throw in. Go with the DK, this guy obviously does not want to sell a Bobcat.

List price on Bobcat extra 10 HP from 440 to the 450 = $4500. Add cab versus canopy = $5500. So for $3600 you are getting $10K in extras @ Bobcat list.
Go KIOTI and smile :thumbsup: