Pricing on Kommanders

/ Pricing on Kommanders #1  

NIdaho

Bronze Member
So I have pretty much decided that I am going to buy a Kubota Kommander ZTR and so I recently stopped by the local dealer. We were talking a bit and he is basically telling me that it is more mower than I should get. I asked him if he wanted to get rid of the unit out front before the end of the season or if he had any end of season deals. He basically tells me that they don't deal and they sell them for list price and don't come down. (I didn't pay list price for my B3200 and Loader when I bought it from him a few years ago).

What are others experiences on purchasing a Kubota ZTR?

I am thnking that the wife and I can put one of my trailers on the pickup and take a drive across the state line and not have to pay the local 6% sales tax. That will more that pay for the fuel. I like to support local, but at the same time they need to be competitive.

What are your thoughts, comments, suggestions?

By the way we have a pretty good sized yard (probably about 1.5 acres) with lots of trees, beds, ... to go around.

Later,

Bob

/ Pricing on Kommanders #2  
I am thnking that the wife and I can put one of my trailers on the pickup and take a drive across the state line and not have to pay the local 6% sales tax. That will more that pay for the fuel. I like to support local, but at the same time they need to be competitive.

Can't help on pricing a Komander (don't own one and haven't shopped one), but I can tell you that if you pick up your Komander at any dealer, you will pay whatever the state sales tax is where the dealer is located. Sales tax doesn't usually apply when the item, in this case the Komander, is shipped from one state to another. By virtue of the seller and buyer being in different states, it becomes and interstate transaction governed by Federal tax law vs either state tax law. Since the Fed's don't impose sales tax, none applies at time of purchase. But, you are suppose to declare the purchase to your state taxing authority and voluntarily pay the sales tax yourself (referred to as a use tax when the buyer remits it). Some do, many don't.

Anyway, unless the state you're going to buy the mower in is tax free, you'll be paying that state's tax when you pick it up.

/ Pricing on Kommanders #3  
I am considering a Kommander next year after I get more terracing and grass in. Interested also in which specific models were purchased and why. I am looking at the 48in and probably S model (lights and better seat?).

/ Pricing on Kommanders #4  
There are new 700 series Zs out now between the Kommander and the 300 series. $1000 off from Kubota and Barlows had 2 demos with 5 or so hours for around another $1000 off MSRP. Order now for delivery when something coming your direction will save mucho on shipping and of course no Ky State sales tax for out of state sales/delivery.
Know this info because my brother got a card advertising the $1000 off and I went with him to Barlows to look.
Mowers - Z700 Series | Kubota Tractor Corporation

/ Pricing on Kommanders #5  
Barlows had 2 demos with 5 or so hours for around another $1000 off MSRP.
... better watch. There was a 50 hour minimum use on that discount.

the Kommanders have discounts tied to selling at a promo price (not list). It ends up being not in a dealers best interest to budge off the promo pricing.