Priefert Rotary Mower?

/ Priefert Rotary Mower?
from 10 ga to 12 ga is quite a sizable difference

I agree re: deck thickness, especially after physically looking at the Rhino & Landpride. I just got off a conference call with the local sales rep and engineer from Priefert, I left not that impressed. The engineer agreed their offering is more light duty as compared to the other's.

/ Priefert Rotary Mower? #12  
I bought a cheap 5' rotary and added a slip clutch

- definitely get/add a slip clutch and exercise it each spring;
- 2 trailing wheels are better than 1;
- stump-jumper dish is a plus;
- I'd agree - heavy steel is better.

/ Priefert Rotary Mower?
Well I did it, I was going to purchase a new landpride and came across a deal on a JD MX5. I was amazed at the condition when I went to look at it, not heavily used. It has the advantages of chains front/rear and a slip clutch. He was asking $1200 and I got it for $900, including a top llink, PTO shaft and linch pins.

Now I have a question, what size socket do I need to remove the blades for sharpening? I have a 1 5/16" and it is too small?

IMG_20120620_142016.jpgIMG_20120620_142039.jpgIMG_20120620_142051.jpg

/ Priefert Rotary Mower? #14  
I have a 500 model. The slip clutch disc wore out. It is ten years old and Priefert cannot find the replacement disc. Woods found them for my 40 year old brush hog. My advice is to buy an established name brand brush hog. My unit is useless for want of a five dollar part. I hope I can find a disc somewhere else on the internet.

/ Priefert Rotary Mower? #15  
Well I did it, I was going to purchase a new landpride and came across a deal on a JD MX5. I was amazed at the condition when I went to look at it, not heavily used. It has the advantages of chains front/rear and a slip clutch. He was asking $1200 and I got it for $900, including a top llink, PTO shaft and linch pins.

Now I have a question, what size socket do I need to remove the blades for sharpening? I have a 1 5/16" and it is too small?

View attachment 274445View attachment 274446View attachment 274447
1 11/16” is the standard size for blade nuts on the light to medium duty models