Priming Problem X748

/ Priming Problem X748 #1  

AndyMA

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
Well I did it, ran my X748 out of fuel. Tried priming the normal ways I know how with no luck. It's a 2011. Any ideas.

Thanks

Andy

/ Priming Problem X748 #2  
When I change the fuel filter on my 2007 X748 I fill the filter bowl with fuel and then prime using the screw. It takes a bit but it starts. If the filter bowl is empty you might try filling it.

/ Priming Problem X748 #3  
What did you consider the normal ways? Usually you can turn the key on to the ignition position and cycle this a few times and it should start right up. Haven't run my 749 out of fuel to know if it applies to these little Yanmars though. The older diesels if run out of fuel you had to bleed the injector lines lines of air but most new engines don't require these steps now.

edit; went out and looked at my mower and see it does have the lever prining pump, might have to bleed the air maually.

Last edited:
   / Priming Problem X748
What did you consider the normal ways? Usually you can turn the key on to the ignition position and cycle this a few times and it should start right up. Haven't run my 749 out of fuel to know if it applies to these little Yanmars though. The older diesels if run out of fuel you had to bleed the injector lines lines of air but most new engines don't require these steps now.

edit; went out and looked at my mower and see it does have the lever prining pump, might have to bleed the air maually.

II tried filling the fuel filter, pumping the lever, cracking the lines at the injector pump, cracking the lines at the injectors. No where near as much fuel as I'm used to bleeds out. Obviously does not start.

Andy

/ Priming Problem X748 #5  
Are you sure it ran out of fuel? Might be a bad solenoid valve on the injector pump shutting it off. Make sure you have 12v to the solenoid when the ignition is on too.

/ Priming Problem X748
I finally gave up and went to work. Called dealer. Got home and it was running. Don't know yet what dealer did

Andy

/ Priming Problem X748 #7  
It will be interesting to know what the did. Keep us posted. Thanks Andy.