Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers

/ Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers #31  
Going into the oven and coming out. Waiting for the cool down to chow down. :thumbsup: :licking:
B1122D63-F326-4145-B527-34128FB75406.jpeg 9EFEB890-CD76-42E0-96AB-C846161F79C1.jpeg

/ Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers
   / Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers #34  
Mom would only use green peppers. It never dawned on me to use red peppers as well. She wasn’t a very good cook, bless her heart and I’ve followed in her footsteps with my abilities.

By the way 2Lane, thanks for the recipe!

/ Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers
Mom would only use green peppers. It never dawned on me to use red peppers as well. She wasn’t a very good cook, bless her heart and I’ve followed in her footsteps with my abilities.

You're welcome.

/ Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers #36  
Mom would only use green peppers. It never dawned on me to use red peppers as well. She wasn稚 a very good cook, bless her heart and I致e followed in her footsteps with my abilities.

Green bell peppers are usually less expensive but red ones have more nutrition and cost more.

Red bell peppers boost your immune system due to high vitamin A, C and antioxidant properties, including beta carotene, which helps maintain healthy skin and vision. In fact, these mighty red vegetables contain 1.5 times more vitamin C, 8 times more vitamin A and 11 times more beta carotene than green bell peppers. (Yellow bell peppers have more vitamin C than green ones, but less vitamin A and beta carotene.)
Source:
Red Bell Peppers' Nutrition Benefits Are Better Than Green Peppers | Farm Flavor

/ Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers #37  
OK there ya go stuffed nice too. :thumbsup:

I found the amount of mix to make vs how big the peppers are takes a little getting used to. In fact I started with 4 and had too much mix. 2lane recommends spreading the excess in the pan which is good, but I ended up grabbing another pepper out of the refrigerator since I had not dumped the water I used to boil the other 4 in yet, I just dropped it in there for a few minutes and it softened up like the others. I still had a little that went into the bottom of the pan which I scooped up and gobbled down.

/ Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers #38  
Green bell peppers are usually less expensive but red ones have more nutrition and cost more.

Red bell peppers boost your immune system due to high vitamin A, C and antioxidant properties, including beta carotene, which helps maintain healthy skin and vision. In fact, these mighty red vegetables contain 1.5 times more vitamin C, 8 times more vitamin A and 11 times more beta carotene than green bell peppers. (Yellow bell peppers have more vitamin C than green ones, but less vitamin A and beta carotene.)
Source:
Red Bell Peppers' Nutrition Benefits Are Better Than Green Peppers | Farm Flavor

Thanks!