Pro / Cons of KTAC?

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #61  
A good warranty and insurance policy is the only reason I am considering buying new. Otherwise I would save some money and take a little of the risk. KTAC sounds like a great selling point and many of you have pointed to experiences where they stood behind the policy. Can someone give me a general range of what this insurance costs. I keep hearing just x more per month but I wan't a dollar number. Assume a $25,000 purchase price. Thanks

Atchuuu...

The monthly cost will be around $35 for a $25k tractor. If you compare our policy (which I recommend comparisons), be sure to ask for the deductible, if there is a replacement policy and if it will be covered off your property. KTAC has a $250 deductible, on and off property coverage and replacement. If you have a total loss, including theft, we will pay you the original sales price, taxes and fees of the total loss as long as you get another Kubota (same model or very similar). The policy I am describing is the one you would include in your retail contract (financing) which means the rate is locked in for the full term on the contract. Regardless of how many claims filed, you will not see an increase in your insurance since it is locked in as long as you have the active account for it.

Brian

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #62  
Atchuuu...

The monthly cost will be around $35 for a $25k tractor. If you compare our policy (which I recommend comparisons), be sure to ask for the deductible, if there is a replacement policy and if it will be covered off your property. KTAC has a $250 deductible, on and off property coverage and replacement. If you have a total loss, including theft, we will pay you the original sales price, taxes and fees of the total loss as long as you get another Kubota (same model or very similar). The policy I am describing is the one you would include in your retail contract (financing) which means the rate is locked in for the full term on the contract. Regardless of how many claims filed, you will not see an increase in your insurance since it is locked in as long as you have the active account for it.

Brian

Debbie with KTAC was a pleasure to deal with. Easy process, great service.

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #63  
So, I want to clarify some mis-information I've received here on TBN about KTAC. I called KTAC today about insuring my non-Kubota tractor (2016 Branson 4520R) and they politely informed me that they do not cover Non-Kubota machines. Perhaps they used to but apparently not anymore.

I was saddened (but not surprised) since KTAC is one of my favorite things about my Kubotas.

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #64  
Debbie with KTAC was a pleasure to deal with. Easy process, great service.

Thank you for the feedback! I will pass on the positive post to Debbie (she sits about 20 feet from me). :)

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #65  
So, I want to clarify some mis-information I've received here on TBN about KTAC. I called KTAC today about insuring my non-Kubota tractor (2016 Branson 4520R) and they politely informed me that they do not cover Non-Kubota machines. Perhaps they used to but apparently not anymore.

I was saddened (but not surprised) since KTAC is one of my favorite things about my Kubotas.

You're correct Omega Woods.

KTAC was experiencing a lot higher loss ratio (claims filed) on non-Kubota brand equipment. We didn't want to pass on the additional cost to Kubota customers so the decision was made to exclude the other brands. After all, we offer the insurance and make our claim process so easy to help encourage repeat business for Kubota (not the other colors). :thumbsup:

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #66  
When I called last year they told me about covering not Kubota, I'm sorry to have misinformed you, I was repeating what the KTAC agent said to me. Obviously, things have since changed. Again, I am sorry.

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #67  
When I called last year they told me about covering not Kubota, I'm sorry to have misinformed you, I was repeating what the KTAC agent said to me. Obviously, things have since changed. Again, I am sorry.

That was my understanding up until today as well. From as risk perspective, I fully understand it.

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #68  
I have to believe that being Kubota they factor in the cost of parts. For other brands the cost is going to be higher since that brand is going to make a profit off of the parts.

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #69  
Can you keep KTAC if your machine is paid off? Debating paying my machine off at the end of the month.