Pro Press Copper Crimping Cordless Tools

/ Pro Press Copper Crimping Cordless Tools #22  
In my area people used to have a lot of copper but switched to CPVC. I bought a 25 year old house with CPVC and after 6 CPVC cracks or leaks every few months I finally ripped it all out and PEXd it. I am a happy camper except for the fact I started to use brass PEX fittings which may or may not last, but don't know. The last half of the job I used PEX plastic which hopefully will last till I am pushing up daisies.

The brass pex fittings are a lot thicker than copper pipe is. I don’t see that you’re ever have any problems with the brass corroding through. I usually use plastic pex fittings because they’re cheaper and I’ve never had any problems using them either.

/ Pro Press Copper Crimping Cordless Tools #23  
A few years ago, despite all the "use black pipe" crowds
warnings I put together a short run of pex for air lines.
I'll admit that I was skeptical but having worked with it and came across a few forum guys that had also used it and one that worked in a commercial situation where it was used, I ran about 30' of it to a couple of hose reels. It can't get direct sunlight and my nagging leaks are at a black pipe manifold I put together rather than the pex or the FIP fittings and copper band clamp. I think the negative feelings are a throwback from those who dared to use pvc "back then" for air systems.
I'm pretty well convinced that it's just fine for air lines and any additions that I might need in the future will be pex.