Pro problems

/ Pro problems #1  

Revron

Tractor
John Deere 4500
Hi I have a John Deere 4500..operating a bush hog,the pto stops in heavy grass but does not affect tractor rpm..soon as I pick up bushhog, the pto starts back up....all fluids are normal,cleaned screen in sump and changed hydrolic filter...do I have a clutch problem?

/ Pro problems #2  
a clutch problem?

Sounds feasible, either in the tractor or at the brush hog.

If you see the PTO shaft stop, then in the tractor. If it keeps turning and the blades stop, then clutch slipping at the brush hog.

Welcome to TBN

/ Pro problems

If you see the PTO shaft stop, then in the tractor. If it keeps turning and the blades stop, then clutch slipping at the brush hog.

Welcome to TBN
Thank you..that was my fear..the shaft stops at the tractor..

/ Pro problems

Welcome to TBN
Hi sir,also would a sticking selinoid cause this same problem?

/ Pro problems #5  
I have a JD 5105 and recently the bushog attachment hit a stump and came to a dead stop while mowing. Since then the PTO shaft comes to a complete stop when grass of any significant amount is encountered. In the past the same amount of grass was never a problem. The Hydraulic fluid level is normal, so that is not the issue.

There is a PTO clutch lever adjustment, but I don't think that is going to solve the problem with my PTO shaft coming to a stop under load.

/ Pro problems #6  
Hi I have a John Deere 4500..operating a bush hog,the pto stops in heavy grass but does not affect tractor rpm..soon as I pick up bushhog, the pto starts back up....all fluids are normal,cleaned screen in sump and changed hydrolic filter...do I have a clutch problem?
Hello. Where is the screen located?I have the same tractor without a manual. Hydraulics for my loader stopped working. I changed the filter