Problem Splitting Fiat 50-86

/ Problem Splitting Fiat 50-86 #1  

Localmotion

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland 50-86 / Siromer 204S / Case CK-28 / Cat 302.5 / Nissan L35.09 / Nissan Atleon 110
Hi All...

I have a Fiat / New Holland 50-86 vi tractor. In recent months it has been getting difficult to change gear, and now the clutch is slipping.

Today I have tried splitting the tractor but run into difficulty - having disconnected all hydraulic lines and wires / cables which connect the two halves, I supported the rear half with a jack and wood. The front half is also supported, using our excavator. Whenever I have helped other people split tractors, they have come apart easily, but this one won't!!!

I have removed all the bolts from the bell housing, so the two halves should slide apart, but even with persuasion with a sledge hammer they are still refusing to split... :confused:

I notice there were two hex bolts holding the halves together, below which appears to be two lugs (one either side of the bell housing - possibly for some special splitting tool??? Does any one know or have any suggestions please?

Also any tips / advice on servicing the clutch greatly appreciated...