Problem trying to reinstall BH on CX2510

/ Problem trying to reinstall BH on CX2510 #1  

iptman

Gold Member
Tractor
Scag Tiger Cat, 61", Kioti CX2510
Hello all,

I'm trying to reinstall the BH on my new CX2510. As you know this is a subframe mounted BH so I need to line up the ladder frame of the BH to the subframe brackets on the tractor. My problem is I can't get the right side pin dropped in (second pic) to secure the BH frame in. Looking at the front right bracket (first pic) the ladder cross member is completely flush so I don't know how this is ever going to fit. I also measured the distance between the front and rear cross members and they're off by 1/4 inch (4th pic) which is about how far the rear cross member sticks out (3rd pic) in to the pin hole. I know this is kind of hard to follow but here are a few pics to help show the situation. Also, when I took the BH off initially this pin I had to bang out from under the tractor. It looks to me like the ladder frame is not squared up and causing my issue. The dealer service rep is obviously acting like I'm not doing something right since his builder/mechanic had it in there. He's also trying to tell me it's normal to have to bang out the pins. It took me a good 10 minutes to bang that pin out since I had no more than a few inches of swing space under the tractor. And don't really want that to be the SOP for this thing. Both the readh sub frame and the front bracket are rigid mounted with no adjustability that I can see.

Anyone have any tips or advice for me?

PXL_20210502_231239678.jpg
PXL_20210502_231314424.jpg
PXL_20210502_231330114.jpg
PXL_20210504_155409575.jpg

/ Problem trying to reinstall BH on CX2510 #2  
I have a CK2610 and the pins pull out and install with the tip of my pinky. There is no binding or hammering needed. I have found the worst part of a Kioti tractor is the dealer assembly. The only problems I have had were do to them. I would like to mail order my next tractor.
You need to measure diagonals of the frame mounts and the backhoe subframe to determine where the problem is. It might be there is adjustment at the mount bolts.
Good luck and don't let your dealer off the hook.
Patrick

/ Problem trying to reinstall BH on CX2510 #3  
The backhoe for my CK2610 was easy to remove(currently waiting on my CK3510SE). No hammering needed at all. Pins would just drop in with virtually no effort. The dealer should get Kioti to replace that part of the subframe.

/ Problem trying to reinstall BH on CX2510 #4  
I have an LS, but the BH mounts are the same type.... I would bet they are made in the same factory, they are so similar.

Like others have said, the pins slip out super easy... they should not be tight at all! There is something out of alignment or made wrong.

/ Problem trying to reinstall BH on CX2510
I'm going to take it up to the dealer today. The service manager keeps telling me how tight those pins can be but I'm not trying to take 10 minutes to pound out a pin. My worry is he's going to say "It was in before, we can get it back in there again" and we're going to have an argument about what "fixed" is.

Just dropped it off. The Service manager looked at it and said both sides need to be adjusted. The thing is, I don't know what they can possibly do to adjust it. There's no adjustment up front and none in the back. The rear sub frame mount bolts directly to the back of of the tractor. The only thing I can think of is to shim out the rear mount with washers but that seems kind of a hack.

/ Problem trying to reinstall BH on CX2510 #7  
Yeah, don't let them shim it out.... those mounts need to mount flat/ flush to the tractor. That prevents any movement... you start to allow any movement, something is going to break!

Either the mounts are made incorrectly/ out of alignment, or the BH subframe is out of square / mis-welded.

Hold your ground.... up to and including a new BH / mounts.

Going to pick it up today. The service manager was real vague over the phone at what they did. Mentioned removing burs (this was his go to suggestion throughout and it was obviously NOT the issue) and grinding the bracket. Going to insist I get a service receipt stating what they did.

/ Problem trying to reinstall BH on CX2510 #9  
Going to pick it up today. The service manager was real vague over the phone at what they did. Mentioned removing burs (this was his go to suggestion throughout and it was obviously NOT the issue) and grinding the bracket. Going to insist I get a service receipt stating what they did.
i see enlarge pin holes in your future, with a good amount of slop to make it fit.

/ Problem trying to reinstall BH on CX2510 #10  
Perhaps they used the bigger hammer approach. Be sure to check that EVERYTHING is in alignment.