Problem with the RC100

/ Problem with the RC100 #1  

QwikDraw

Platinum Member
Tractor
Timber King TK711
Today I was mulching for about 5 1/2 to 6 hours and late in the day I noticed the battery light come on. I went to load up my grapple on the trailer since it was in the road I put the lights on. I dropped the grapple and went back to the Fecon attached it and went to smooth out the last few feet of the job....I start the backward processing and Bam, the head come off (at full speed) BUT I see it in time and stop before the cables are near their limit. The head just sat there and wound down (one very good thing about the Fecon it slows quickly). I hook it back up and notice the quick attach won't work..Hmmmm....I turn the lights off and then it works. OK load up and shut her down...I'm 6 inches farther back then normal so I go to fire her up and nothing...dead.

I get home and jump her and she starts right up...

Ideas? Battery? Alternator? Loose wire? Going out now to check it out...I have a job in the morning I need to be at...

Ted

/ Problem with the RC100 #2  
In a hurry, Loose alt belt. The alt can keep the batt charged but will not charge if batt is pulled down low. I have already replaced my batt. Just take a batt from something else and batt cables just in case and leave running tomorrow until you can tighten the belt. PIA. Robbie

Also if your alt belt is loose then your A/C belt probably is too.

/ Problem with the RC100
Thank you friend ...:)

/ Problem with the RC100 #4  
I hope for your sake it's the belt. The batt is an even bigger pain to get to than the belt. I bought a batt at advance for about 80.00. It's a 1000 ca farm batt. I was afraid to even price the cat batt that came in it.

I also bit the bullet and bought a asv forestry door. They gave me the best deal they could. I like it a whole lot better. Better sealed and a higher saftety margin. I plan on installing a 12v fan in the overhead window and wiring it to the wiper plug. Forestry doors have no wiper. I will put a 8" peice of channel over the window and put washable filter material in the ends of the channel. Hopefully this will slightly pressurize the cab at minimal cost. I'll let you know if it works.

Have you encountered the every job is alittle more challenging than the last yet? Robbie

/ Problem with the RC100
I finally finished that clearing job for the new development. I had 2 more jobs in the area from "drive bys" seeing the sign and stopping in. Today was an 8 hour day , it seemed short after the 12-14 hour days for the last 2 weeks, I can't tell you how many people asked "where's you help?" I'd just point to the ASV...

Tomorrows job will be interesting, a little rocky but mostly small stuff. The customer thought my price was good for "all that" but it's mostly wild rose and will be a short day.

I'm looking to get a Fecon or Dymax tree shear IF I land another job of that size.

Having some fun for sure...
Ted

/ Problem with the RC100 #6  
Ted,

If you're thinking of possibly getting a Fecon bunching shear, then you might want to contact Ryan's Equipment. They are the actual manufacturer of the Fecon bunching/saw shears & grapples. Ryan's Equipment - 14 inch Bunching Shear

If you're interested in the Fecon stump grinders, then you might want to check out the company that actually manufactures them for Fecon: Craft Machine Design Stump Cutter Attachments Craft Machine Design

I've talked to them both on the phone & it might be to your advantage to do so also if you want to save some money.

Rory