Procedure for detaching/reattaching FEL and b hog

/ Procedure for detaching/reattaching FEL and b hog #1  

Deliberate1

Friends,
I am the proud owner of a new (to me) BX2200 with FEL and Land Pride brush hog. Most of the time I will be using the 60" MMM. I drove around my place yesterday an found that it is going to be difficult for my wife to mow with the FEL and brush hog attached. Could someone kindly suggest step by step instructions for disconnecting and reconnecting these implements. I have been known to break things a whole lot sturdier than a Kubota. Many thanks.

/ Procedure for detaching/reattaching FEL and b hog #2  
At the risk of sounding rude: Did you not get manuals and some dealer instruction on this equipment. If not, the dealer should pay you a visit and show you how this is done or does "to me" mean bought from an individual and no manuals ?

/ Procedure for detaching/reattaching FEL and b hog
Kevin, a fair question. The tractor was used, but the implements were installed by a local dealer who ran through the operation, but glossed over the attachment/detachment process.

/ Procedure for detaching/reattaching FEL and b hog #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kevin, a fair question. The tractor was used, but the implements were installed by a local dealer who ran through the operation, but glossed over the attachment/detachment process. )</font>

It may be in your best interest to engage the dealer to give you a lesson on these implements...hopefully for free as a courtesy, but even if you have to put a few pennies in, it may be worth it. It's hard to describe the process exactly...seeing it done is worth thousands of words.

That being said, the FEL attachment and detachment process is also detailed in the manual. If you do not have them, the dealer can get them for you or you can order them online from tractorsmart.com or other Kubota retailers with online presences.

The rotary cutter should be relatively easy to disengage and although I've never owned one, I'll guess that detaching the PTO shaft comes first followed by removal of the 3pt pins and driving away. Look at it closely and you should be able to do it.

You'll also want to learn how to remove and install the MMM as it's not a good idea to have it on the machine when you are using the 'hog and/or the FEL for any "real work". (Hint...the having the FEL on the machine makes removing and installing the MMM easier as you can lift the front of the machine slightly to get more clearance when you're pulling it out or pushing it under) Again, the MMM manual discusses the process.

/ Procedure for detaching/reattaching FEL and b hog #5  
Haven't seen the BX setup but I'm guessing it's similar to my 2400/LA352. First raise bucket up enough for the small arms underneath the bucket boom to be lowered and pinned in the down position. Slowly lower boom down( Float position is safe) and once on ground roll bucket forward. This will release pressure on the two large pins which hold FEL unit to subframe. Remove pins and sloely roll bucket back. This should allow loader to rock up and forward thus clearing the sub frame. Once FEL is clear, shut off engine and wiggle joystick in all directions to take hydraulic presssure off of lines and fittings. You should now be able to diconnect the quick connects at the loader valve( a small amount of oil will dribble with each fitting) Once this is done you should be able to start engine and back away from FEL unit. Note( also called afterthought!!) do this on a hard and level surface.....Guarenteed to save a headache should loader settle and or shift. Hope this helps!!

/ Procedure for detaching/reattaching FEL and b hog
Thanks for the hints.