Project Farm reviews chain sharpeners

/ Project Farm reviews chain sharpeners
tried dealing with stihl and no luck so will ask here: anyone using the stihl 2 in 1 file system. can a 7/32" file be used with it? the stihl website and even amazon has various sizes to choose but no 7/32 " also needs a 25 degree angle too? i use the oregon d70 20" chains. serious wood cutting use. thanks.

There is an arborist forum that can likely answer that question. I don’t have that link on my phone but perhaps someone else will.

/ Project Farm reviews chain sharpeners #12  
called the local dealer and the guy had no clue.

/ Project Farm reviews chain sharpeners #13  
I kind of wish project farm would have a second segment, and he announces his best choice, based on maybe certain parameters. Beyond that. I find his testing interesting, but at the end of the day, I'm mostly just left with a bunch of test results jammed up in my head, with no way to sort them out.

/ Project Farm reviews chain sharpeners #15  
   / Project Farm reviews chain sharpeners #17  
thanks - yoo bad i never did ebay.

will take a closer look . thanks again!

/ Project Farm reviews chain sharpeners #18  
just got this from stihl

Thank you for reaching out to us. The file size is specific to the 2 in 1 guide itself. Other files will not properly fit and will be too big or to little. We do offer a STIHL 2 in 1 filing guide for our .404” chain that utilizes a 7/32 file. Part # 0000 750 4300

In regards to the angle. STIHL RS and RM chain is sharpened at 30 degree angle so our 2 in 1 filing guides are set up with sight lines for 30 degrees. You could technically hold the 2 in 1 at a 20 degree angle but it would be difficult to “eye” the angle, so we wouldn’t recommend it. I think you would have better experience with a standard filing system that doesn’t set the sight angle for you. Manual filing system could provide you with a little more freedom to sharpen at the appropriate angle the chain in question requires.

/ Project Farm reviews chain sharpeners #20