Pronovost Lynx snow blower touch up paint

/ Pronovost Lynx snow blower touch up paint #1  

MVPMLC

Tractor
Kubota
I am a new member looking for some help to find touch up paint for pronovost red. They do not list any in their parts list, also tried e-mailing them, no response.
I got a paint sample chart from Tractor supply. Hard to tell which color will work, several are a close match. Ford, IH, Massey, & New holland red all look close.
If any one has any info I would greatly appreciate!

/ Pronovost Lynx snow blower touch up paint #2  
Welcome toTBN and the forum - MVPMLC. I have implements of many colors. Except for my Kubota tractor, I've given up attempting to "match up" paint colors. I've found that five year old implements will not match up with current manufacturers colors. I use rattle can semi gloss black enamel.

Part of the reason I do this - I live VERY remote and few folks EVER see my touch up jobs. My objective - prevent rust, not maintain "as new" beauty.

/ Pronovost Lynx snow blower touch up paint #3  
I would imagine you could order it from them if color match is important. There should be a part number for it.
I have yet to find close color match for my Schulte blower. I have the part number, but I'm afraid of the cost.
No part number in manual. I emailed them and they responded with a part number.

Last edited:
   / Pronovost Lynx snow blower touch up paint #4  
It's a snowblower, not a Ferrari. Find something close and rattlecan away. Keep the chains lubed.

/ Pronovost Lynx snow blower touch up paint #5  
After a year or two the paint will likely be coming off in sheets anyway. Mine did anyway so I hit it with primer and called it good enough. Lasts a few years before hitting it again.

/ Pronovost Lynx snow blower touch up paint #6  
Red is probably the one color that fades the worst of all.
One reason is that it is the costliest of pigments so they concoct mixes to keep prices down.
Just spray the closest red simply to control rusting.

Heck I use whatever color each spring B4 storing mine simply as a rust control. LOL, looks camo.