Propane prices in your area?

/ Propane prices in your area? #31  
Like brokenknee, if I lock in the price goes down and when I don't contract the price goes WAY up. I contracted this year so the price will go down. Just a note, the farmer's in the midwest are having perfect weather for harvest so they won't be using up the propane to dry down the crops like they did last year. That along with the lousy economy should mean prices go down, too. Maybe the winter weather will be the biggest factor, who knows.

/ Propane prices in your area? #32  
about 2 weeks ago.... 1.73 ish (no rental fee, buy when i call) ~425 gal

ive been squeezeing buy on just one fill a year. I think they speicfically didnt fill to 90% like they did last time hopeing i would have to buy again in march.

/ Propane prices in your area? #33  
I was just quoted $2.619 (current day's price ) by my fuel supplier. I am not due for a delivery until early December. Not sure whether to have the tank filled now, with the assumption that the price will increase or Take a chance, wait until December with hopes that the price might drop a little.

Propane is a by-product and produced at about the same rate all year long. When the weather turns cold stocks start to go down and prices go up. It won't go down for December but it might not be the peak yet. So I guess the question would be the timing of your next fill.. would it hit before summer when prices are low again?

This is a good page to see the general supply/price cycles:

Heating Oil and Propane Update

/ Propane prices in your area? #34  
I changed suppliers because they wanted $2.55 back in August. The people I went with sold be 1000 gal at $1.55. The old supplier called last week and left a message that they had an "Introductory" offer of $2.14.

The old supplier still has their tank sitting next to my driveway. Been over two months. I'm tempted to paint it and put on Craig List. Or send them a bill for storage. :D :D

Wedge