/ Property Development #61  
A few years ago I lost power for a week from a winter Ice Storm. At that time, my only way to heat my house was from electricity. Once Summer hit, I bought and installed a wood stove and started cutting and storing firewood. Now my house is only heated from firewood. I feel sorry for everyone that is relying on electricity or natural gas, or oil to heat their homes. If you can get it, what will it cost?
I hear you. I have gas heat, backed up with electric heat, which is backed up with wood heat. and we have 20 acres of trees to feed wood heater. Like bavkups to backups

/ Property Development #62  
I hear you. I have gas heat, backed up with electric heat, which is backed up with wood heat. and we have 20 acres of trees to feed wood heater. Like bavkups to backups
I wish I could have wood powered A/C. It rarely gets bitterly cold down here, but the heat is miserable at times. Of course, I am old school with heating. I can wear a sweater or something to keep warm, so we have the furnace set to 64.

/ Property Development #63  
I wish I could have wood powered A/C. It rarely gets bitterly cold down here, but the heat is miserable at times. Of course, I am old school with heating. I can wear a sweater or something to keep warm, so we have the furnace set to 64.
i can handle 68 at most. my buddy keeps his house 75+ all winter long. i tell him hes nuts. id have to open the windows

/ Property Development #64  
i can handle 68 at most. my buddy keeps his house 75+ all winter long. i tell him hes nuts.
Agreed - we have our thermostat set for 62 @ night and 66 days and it cycles and warms up to 67-68 so not hot but "just right"

/ Property Development
can gas furnace and wood stove go in the same chimney. Here is east coast canada you can't even put an oil furnace in the same chimney as wood.

/ Property Development
My daughter is moving 4000 km away so was spending as much time as I could with her. She live 450 kms away. Damn snow came early and had to rush back to do the snow removal for my few customers. That was a few days ago. Didn't have the blower on, lights on the tractor needed fixing, the lug nuts keep backing out because the wheel dish is wore at the lug nut holes. I did the driveways with the bucket as there was only about 6 inches of snow. Had to stop and tighten the lug nuts every hour or so. I ordered a new dish for the wheel. After the snow then the rain came and other had to do things. Today was sunny so I did 2 lights installs and fixed two other broken wires. I used the crimp connectors. I don't really trust them that much but that is what I had. Think I will swap out the front work lamps for LED. They are much brighter.

20 mills of rain again tomorrow. Man it is hard to get stuff done. There is not much room for tire chains and one of them is tapping. Going to fix that the next decent days. I guess I let the tractor go to far without giving it attention it needed.

/ Property Development #67  
can gas furnace and wood stove go in the same chimney. Here is east coast canada you can't even put an oil furnace in the same chimney as wood.
Here in NH that's not allowed - one appliance per chimney - and I believe this is a national code (not by state here)

/ Property Development #68  
A few years ago I lost power for a week from a winter Ice Storm. At that time, my only way to heat my house was from electricity. Once Summer hit, I bought and installed a wood stove and started cutting and storing firewood. Now my house is only heated from firewood. I feel sorry for everyone that is relying on electricity or natural gas, or oil to heat their homes. If you can get it, what will it cost?
Wood heat is hot heat. One big problem with wood though is it also is a precious commodity. Farmers in the tobacco belt switched to a heating source other than wood to cure tobacco because the demand for wood was greater than the supply.

Cutting wood is also a back breaking job. Then comes the splitting. Stacking storing and keeping a years supply of wood a year ahead along with ash clean up and disposal.

Don’t forget a wood hot water heater. Those are fun without a well pump to pressurize the water tank. Pressurized hot water tanks is another problem, if not constantly monitored they will explode.

Someone always says what is a now pressurized hot water heater. In my youth the proper name for them was Wash Pots. Which were a round circular vessel constructed of cast iron that you fill full of water and build a fire under to heat the water.

Without electricity no washing machine or clothes dryer. Todays housewives would be up in arms over those two items alone.

/ Property Development #70  
Here in NH that's not allowed - one appliance per chimney - and I believe this is a national code (not by state here)

Don’t you mean one appliance per flue? Multiple flues in a chimney are common place. I have one chimney with three flues serving two fireplaces and one wood stove.