Proposed Idea for better clamp on forks.

/ Proposed Idea for better clamp on forks. #21  
I speak purely from a farming perpective, where many attachments may be needed on the tractor 3 point linkage or loader on a daily basis. Back in the seventies, I had a 120 head dairy herd and also some arable land. The Accord 3 point quick hitch system became popular then, particularly because it was the only system available. Google and YouTube will give you all the information. The female implement part could either be fitted on with pins or weld on ones were also available.
I embraced the system whole hartedly and I fitted it to all my implements. I even fitted fitted it to my front end loader and all my attachments. Years later, I bought a JCB telescopic loader that used their own system. Mine had the optional hydraulic locking pins, so I didn't even have to get off to lock on the attachment. I had the JCB for 32 years, it really was one of those things that made me wonder how on earth I managed without it before.

These days, I only have a 47 hp Kubota tractor and loader for my property maintenance. I hope that this explains my opinion.

Last edited:
   / Proposed Idea for better clamp on forks. #22  
These days, I only have a 47 hp Kubota tractor and loader for my property maintenance. I hope that this explains my opinion.
I am glad you like your quick attach system. I am sure it is a nice setup and I'd probably prefer it over my bucket forks too if I had that setup. But I will bet there are some people in Europe who use bucket forks. My point was that the choice to use them or not likely has very little to do with which side of the ocean they live.

/ Proposed Idea for better clamp on forks. #23  
HAd a set of clamp on forks I used for years as my old L3400 and big old backhoe, neither were SSQA. If the L3400 didnt lift it, the backhoe would.

My concern above wat is already mentioned, is I have not seen very many loader buckets that have a lip on the inside for the top of the fork to rest against. But it is a very similar concept to the industrial forks on backhoe loaders with the round bar and hooks on top.

But I think in reality...clamp on forks work because they are simple, cheap, and universal. Take away any one of those three and they are no longer a viable option vs going to SSQA forks.

/ Proposed Idea for better clamp on forks. #24  
I seem to have unintentionally offended you Cougsfan, I'm sorry if I have. To be quite honest, until I started looking at TBN and also OTT, I was unaware of bucket clamp on pallet forks. The use of the flip over type of forks fitted to a back hoe buckets are pretty much standard equipment over here. A 4in1 back hoe bucket is a much stronger than an ordinary compact tractor one of course.

Last edited:
   / Proposed Idea for better clamp on forks. #25  
I seem to have unintentionally offended you Cougsfan, I'm sorry if I have. To be quite honest, until I started looking at TBN and also OTT, I was unaware of bucket clamp on pallet forks. The use of the flip over type of forks fitted to a back hoe buckets are pretty much standard equipment over here. A 4in1 back hoe bucket is a much stronger than an ordinary compact tractor one of course.

That's interesting. Maybe we don't have as many simple extra features on our backhoe buckets as you have over there. Adding a thumb is about as far as we go with common backhoe bucket attachments.
I don't think I've seen the "flip over type of back hoe forks" or for that matter a 4n1 BH bucket. Do you have some links or photos?
rScotty

/ Proposed Idea for better clamp on forks. #26  
2022-12-29_22-39-29.jpg

I took this, removed the screws, and installed my pallet forks. My Kioti bucket is reinforced at about a 32" spread, I put them there. This split ring is the exact size of the clamp buttons on the Titan forks. I then welded 1/2 at each mount point. Now if the forks simply loosen, they won't fall off and I'll see them wiggle and can retighten them. Sure, I could have purchased the skid loader forks but I didn't, nor am I likely to.

/ Proposed Idea for better clamp on forks. #27  
That's interesting. Maybe we don't have as many simple extra features on our backhoe buckets as you have over there. Adding a thumb is about as far as we go with common backhoe bucket attachments.
I don't think I've seen the "flip over type of back hoe forks" or for that matter a 4n1 BH bucket. Do you have some links or photos?

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear in my post, I was talking about the flip over forks you see on 4 in one buckets on the front of a backhoe loader, not the buckets of the actual backhoe, ie on the rear of the tractor.
Like this:
750x336_1360001167backhoep2.jpg

Last edited:
   / Proposed Idea for better clamp on forks. #28  
View attachment 776925

I took this, removed the screws, and installed my pallet forks. My Kioti bucket is reinforced at about a 32" spread, I put them there. This split ring is the exact size of the clamp buttons on the Titan forks. I then welded 1/2 at each mount point. Now if the forks simply loosen, they won't fall off and I'll see them wiggle and can retighten them. Sure, I could have purchased the skid loader forks but I didn't, nor am I likely to.
I kinda get it,and I kinda don't. It would be nice to see a pic of them mounted.

/ Proposed Idea for better clamp on forks. #29  
Here's the attached pictures. Please ignore my crappy welding.

Attachments

• PXL_20221230_181916460.jpg
    PXL_20221230_181916460.jpg
    774.1 KB · Views: 79
  • PXL_20221230_181908400.jpg
    PXL_20221230_181908400.jpg
    656.7 KB · Views: 77
   / Proposed Idea for better clamp on forks. #30  
Here's the attached pictures. Please ignore my crappy welding.

Not bad and help keep the forks tight.

I weld a straight bar to the forks to catch the underneath the back of the bucket cutting edge to lock the forks in place.

Use both ssqa forks and clamp on forks at different times and find them very useful. Sometimes being able to have clamp on forks wider than 4’ on a bucket helpful.