pros and cons hydro trans

/ pros and cons hydro trans #11  
I forgot to mention, the LS does have some of those servo motors also, locking differential, 4WD and PTO all use electro/hydraulic switches that I wish were straight levers especially the differential lock. I prefer the heel pad to lock it in rather than a switch beside the seat that I kind of have to turn sidewise to see, but it locks in while the wheels are turning and unlocks automatically when you touch the brakes. Still I like the post WWII style of tractors that you could repair just about anything on them with a pair of pliers and some baling wire.

/ pros and cons hydro trans #13  
Bought a 3038e a few months ago. Basic hydro. Perfect for our needs. Biggest disadvantage with the Hydro is now I don't get to use the tractor!
We have about 35 hrs on it now and the wife has about 34 hrs of it.

Bill

/ pros and cons hydro trans #14  
I love the HST trans. The L4400HST is a basic hydro with no extras. I wish Kubota made a M series with HST it might be hard to resist the utility size with the planetary axles and all. For me its all about the safety and control of the machine. I used standard trans tractor for 30 years and they do a great job but the HST takes it to a new level for me. JMHO(war prevention disclaimer) :thumbsup:

/ pros and cons hydro trans #15  
I never thought I wanted or needed hydro. I came within a cat-hair of buying a new geared tractor but took the Nestea Plunge and got the JD 3038e with hydro instead.

Now I don't know what I ever did without hydro. Especially for front end loader work. And talk about simple!!! One pedal makes it go forward and one makes it go backward. With infinite speed adjustments between full stop and wide open depending on how far you push the pedal.

SWEET!!!

/ pros and cons hydro trans #16  
My dealer has a used 3520 open station with auto HST. I would be interested except for the auto HST over the hydro pedals.