PT 1430 vs PT 425

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #11  
If I had to do it all over again, I'd stick with the PT425. Here's why: http://www.mossroad.com/PT425Misc/why.html

The only thing mine won't do is load a pickup truck from the side. I knew that going into the deal and I was not concerned because I never take material away from my property. I always haul stuff in, like stone, mulch, etc...

The little tractor that could is really perfect for 99.9% of our needs. On those rare occasions when it won't be big enough, I'll rent the proper equipment. I'm very happy with our purchase.

Now, the newer PT425s are even better than mine. They have a few inches more lift height, stronger wheel motors, different mechanism to operate the forward/reverse treadle(less greasing to do), and a better laid out engine compartment with all the pumps on one side of the engine, battery better located, side discharge muffler(hard to take the kids on a hay ride in a wagon with the exhaust pointing straight back on mine) and better location for the hydraulic filter.

So, I'd guess I'd have to say that I'd still buy the PT425. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #12  
You've received some excellent advice so far. You have to decide what types of jobs you need to get done and then pick the machine to do them. That's the tough part. Just don't rush into anything. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #13  
Dave one thing I noticed was the 30hp 4 cylinder seemed louder as Charlie mentioned and also seemed to have more of an annoying "rattle" sound for lack of a better word at idle
The 45 hp (is by no means quiet) but seemed to be more smooth at idle and not "rattle" as much. Once you apply throttle - the 30hp seemed to smooth out but - yes I think it is still louder than the 45hp.

For whatever that is worth -ED

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425
As of today (3-12-04), PT has only 1-425 and 2-1430's left /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

Current prices are also only good until next week. The rise in steel prices are affecting PT prices

Shipping via private carrier is over $1,100 or by power trac for over $1,500.

How many attachments has everybody else ordered along with the tractor? My attachment price is bigger than the tractor price - either 1430 or 425, and will not all fit on ANY of their trailer packages.

Am I overdoing it? I am ordering a couple dozen attachments so I have what I want when I want it.

Thanks for all the input everybody.

Yooper Dave

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #15  
Am I overdoing it? I am ordering a couple dozen attachments so I have what I want when I want it.

Dave!!! Your the man. I would suggest you get the 1430 and than move to CT so I can borrow from you. I haven't had to wait to long so far when I have ordered attachments from PT, but what the heck, if you know what your going to want, may as well save on future shipping and have everything trucked out with the tractor. Let us know what your getting. I ordered the grapple bucket and mini hoe wensday. Supposed to get here Monday. Wife is starting to give me that look but I say, hey it's for the business. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #16  
Your right on target. My 425 cost 8500, my attachments cost 8500. The shipping is cheaper all together in package than ordering items piece meal.
PJ

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425
Hi RegL,

I am hoping to order:
PT 1430
9 CF BUCKET
ROCK TEETH - 2 SETS
54" GRAPPLE BUCKET
18 CF BUCKET
60" MOWER
60" BRUSH CUTTER
PLANTER DRILL HEAD
6" AUGER
12" AUGER
24" AUGER
72" BLADE
RUBBER LIP
STEEL CUTTER BAR - 2 SETS
CASTER WHEEL KIT - 2 SETS
STUMP CUTTER
60" SNOW BLOWER
42" FORKS
MINI HOE
WINCH
4 EXTRA BAR TIRES
4 ATTACHMENT PLATES
4 FILTERS
$31,520 + SHIPPING
$22,445 + SHIPPING FOR SIM. PT425

Are there any other "must have" attachments? I hope to still get a big Ag tractor some day for the bigger field applications.

Yooper Dave

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #18  

""Am I overdoing it? I am ordering a couple dozen attachments so I have what I want when I want it.""

The more attachments you have, the more jobs you can do, the more jobs you do, the cheaper your investment is!!
(It's like an outdoor swimming pool is more of a luxury in North Dakota than it is in Florida!)

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Compared to the PT-425, the PT-1430 has 20% more horsepower and 50% more torque, but it weighs 100% more!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425
Hi Charlie,

As earlier mentioned, the PT 1430 & PT 1845 share the same 1/2" quick attach system.

Did you buy 1430 or 1845 attachments for your 1845?

I noticed that not all the attachments are the same between the two.

If you do not have dual tires, could you not get away with the 60" mower, brush cutter, and snow blower to save some money? 72" wide attachments is getting real wide.

I also noticed that the stump cutters were not the same between the two models. Why would this be?

I was also wondering why the 1430 had significantly more attachments to choose from than the 1845? I would think you could still put a 1430 mini hoe or any of the other 1430 attachments on a 1845.

Are all of my assumptions correct?

Thanks

Yooper Dave

/ PT 1430 vs PT 425 #20  
mr,why in the world would you want to load over the side of a pickup truck???to unload it by hand??get a trailer that dumps and load it with the 425 over the side. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif