PT-425 has arrived!

/ PT-425 has arrived! #1  

BigDaddyEureka

Silver Member
Tractor
Deere, Power-Trac
Our new PT arrived this week! Here's some initial pictures...

Ours is the small one. The red one was a factory rework heading up to Wisconsin.

20210310_072511.jpg

There was a fair amount of paint damage in shipping, so first stop after unloading was into the shop for some rework.

PT Front in Garage.jpg

PT Rear in Garage.jpg

PT is going to ship me some matching green paint, so in the mean time I've at least covered the bare metal with a good coat of primer. The rear corners were torn up the worst (see back left corner in the previous picture), so I decided to make lemonade out of those lemons and add reflective silver corners to it to make it more visible if working in the ditches or moving snow in the winter. It came out OK but I think we can do better, so I've got another idea I'm going try next (stay tuned).

Two of the implements we ordered - the fertilizer/salt spreader and the post hole digger - each have a male and female hydraulic QCs, so to keep those clean I just plugged them into each other, job done! That won't work for the snow blade and the mini-hoe, as these have two female QCs that are also a different size from the PTO-driven tools. So, off to the 3D printer and...

20210312_165513.jpg

20210312_165520.jpg

20210312_170422.jpg

There's about 0.5mm of clearance on the diameter, so they slide on and off easily but don't just fall off on their own.

I also picked up a yard roller so we can flatten out the yard from the over-winter frost heaves and mole mounds. If we're really lucky maybe we'll flattens some moles too. :devilish:

All the fluids look good, levels are right, everything looks greased correctly...time to get it dirty over the weekend! :cool:

/ PT-425 has arrived! #2  
That's so clean I don't know what it is!

/ PT-425 has arrived! #3  
Nice! Does it have a aluminum gas tank? I always heard good things about the Kohler engine they put in the 425. I like 3D printer coupler covers. 👍

/ PT-425 has arrived! #4  
Congratulation! I love the 3D printed caps. Sorry about the paint. I was just looking at mine and thinking that it was time to repaint more of it.

I wonder if the 1850 is Mike O'Connor's...

All the best,

Peter

/ PT-425 has arrived! #5  
Sherwin Williams machine green.
Sherwin Williams machine black.

That's what they told me in 2001 when my PT425 showed up with scuffed paint. They shipped me some. Looking back on it....

Several months later and 20 hours in the woods, and I realized scuffed paint from a shipping strap was nothing to be upset about. Can O Green spraypaint JD Green and JD black and all is well for touchups.

Nice looking machine! Enjoy it!

Let us know the first thing you run into it with. It's kind of a PT tradition and right of passage. :ROFLMAO:

/ PT-425 has arrived! #6  
Something for you to think about. On the smaller fittings I reversed one side. This means you would have to buy extra fittings (for the other attachments), but then you could connect them all together when not in use, but the big advantage is you always connect them up the right way. I wasn't liken it when I would have to move the lever up for the attachment to got down.
This is most important with stuff like the mini hoe or grapple.
In the pic of the mini hoe, try not to damage the chrome on the piston rod. If you do the piston will eventually leak oil.

Nice machine, congratulations!!!

/ PT-425 has arrived! #7  
FWIW: I just put red and blue zip ties on the connectors. That way I could still reverse them if the need presented itself, but I still was able to hook the connectors up so the handle always functioned in the same way.

All the best, Peter

/ PT-425 has arrived!
Nice! Does it have a aluminum gas tank? I always heard good things about the Kohler engine they put in the 425. I like 3D printer coupler covers. 👍
I think the gas tank is Aluminum, but I haven't stuck a magnet on it to be sure. It is certainly SHINY!

/ PT-425 has arrived! #9  
I think the gas tank is Aluminum, but I haven't stuck a magnet on it to be sure. It is certainly SHINY!
That would be shocking if it was stainless. They might’ve gotten sick of all the gas tank issues they used to have with the plastic ones years ago, so went all out with a stainless one?

/ PT-425 has arrived! #10  
I will have to start saving money to replace my plastic tank.