PT diesel for sale

/ PT diesel for sale #11  
Moving the rear wheels would affect the geometry. On my machine, the rear wheels follows the front in the same track. Moving the wheels back means the front and rear are on different paths, since the pivot point is no longer centered, which would affects the hydraulics.

/ PT diesel for sale #12  
Moving the rear wheels would affect the geometry. On my machine, the rear wheels follows the front in the same track. Moving the wheels back means the front and rear are on different paths, since the pivot point is no longer centered, which would affects the hydraulics.
Please expand on how changing the wheel base is going to effect the hydraulics one way or another. Beyond a little extra drag/load from not tracking the same as before having a change of centre pivot is all but irrelevant to the hydraulics

/ PT diesel for sale #13  
Please expand on how changing the wheel base is going to effect the hydraulics one way or another. Beyond a little extra drag/load from not tracking the same as before having a change of centre pivot is all but irrelevant to the hydraulics
I think there would be a lot of added drag on several places on the machine if the wheels weren't the same distance from the pivot point.

First, you'd have a skid steer effect. Added side loads to the wheel motors.

Second, I'd think you'd put more stresses on the steering cylinders and their mounts. That would require more hydraulic pressure to push the rams as well.

Third, I'd think the same of the center mount points.

/ PT diesel for sale #14  
I think there would be a lot of added drag on several places on the machine if the wheels weren't the same distance from the pivot point.

First, you'd have a skid steer effect. Added side loads to the wheel motors.

Second, I'd think you'd put more stresses on the steering cylinders and their mounts. That would require more hydraulic pressure to push the rams as well.

Third, I'd think the same of the center mount points.
lol skid steer effect. If that were the case it would steer like a skid steer and not like an articulated machine. Any "skidding" would be eliminated by valving of one kind or another. No doubt the machine came with the valving in place
Like I said in my first response to the OP IMO if he is both allowed and is willing to do some investigation into the "transmission side" [sellers words NOT mine] it is worth the time for a 2,500 dollar price tag on a machine he claims has a replacement value of up to 30K

Last edited:
   / PT diesel for sale #15  
These machines have a series of three pumps (drive, PTO, & aux), and while the drive pump intake is filtered, the rest is not, and in particular the drive motor drain lines dump into the general hydraulic tank. So, if, as the seller indicates, that the main drive pump and motors are shot, I would expect damage to the remainder of the hydraulic systems; PTO, steering and cylinders. I don't understand why the seller says it will need a new gas engine, unless the engine runs, but is impaired in some way.

As @MossRoad indicates, I think that the buyer might just be getting a tractor frame, diesel engine(?), and perhaps attachments.

When hydraulic pumps or motors disintegrate, debris has a tendency to go everywhere.

Even if it was purchased just for the implements, I would think it worth the while to disassemble the cylinders to inspect for debris.

It is probably just my limited mechanical skills, but I am having trouble seeing much of an upside on this one.

All the best,

Peter

/ PT diesel for sale #17  
Why is the link showing up in (what I assume) in Chinese script?
Has TBN been hacked?
No, see post #3 above. Apparently it is a known ISO character interpretation issue.

/ PT diesel for sale #18  
lol skid steer effect. If that were the case it would steer like a skid steer and not like an articulated machine. Any "skidding" would be eliminated by valving of one kind or another. No doubt the machine came with the valving in place
Like I said in my first response to the OP IMO if he is both allowed and is willing to do some investigation into the "transmission side" [sellers words NOT mine] it is worth the time for a 2,500 dollar price tag on a machine he claims has a replacement value of up to 30K
There's no valving in the drive train on these machines. None.

/ PT diesel for sale #19  
Imagine the rear wheels were moved 1 mile to the rear. The front wheels would barely move, verses the rear wheels, when making a hard turn. However, the front and rear wheel motors on PT's smaller tractors are directly connected on each side...e.g., the output from the left rear motor is the input for the left front motor. So, hydraulic fluid MUST go through the front wheel motor at the same rough rate as the rear motor, even though the front motor couldn't turn much in this scenario. Obviously, this wouldn't work well for long.

Also, Peter's comment is spot on. The wheel motor circuit is NOT directly filtered on a PT (or most other small hydraulic equipment). Therefore, a catastrophic failure really is catastrophic. On big machines, it's necessary to pull a cleaning device through all the lines after a catastrophic failure...in additional to disassembling and cleaning every motor and pump in the circuit (along with the hydraulic reservoir and fluid of course). Even then, you're not going to get everything and one can expect reduced service life for each component going forward. Fortunately, it's rare to have this sort of failure. The more usual case is gradual deterioration due to normal wear or contamination.

/ PT diesel for sale #20  
The weak point is usually the ground contact of the tire against the ground similar to a 4WD truck. Wheels slip as needed when the vehicle turns. Then it is just a mattter of whether the components are designed to handle the forces prior to wheel slippage.