PT makes life easier

/ PT makes life easier #1  

Barryh

Veteran Member
Harpers Ferry WV - Mountains of Shannondale
Tractor
Former owner of a P T -180 / Kubota BX-1500 .. A Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 / Cub Cadet 108. And now ( Little Red ) a Power Trac 1425
First job for the Power Trac since replacing 3 wheel motors ..

This is what happens when someone illegally shoots a deer in the neighborhood instead of going 5 minutes around the corner.. Where there are 5 thousand archers of National game land.. It ends up on someone else's property.. What a waste of an animals life .... Animal control wasn't interested in coming out to look at it .. They said it was my problem ... Dang shame ... :ashamed:

Attachments

• IMG_7877.JPG
    IMG_7877.JPG
    341.8 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_7882.JPG
    IMG_7882.JPG
    266.1 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_7885.JPG
    IMG_7885.JPG
    287.7 KB · Views: 235
   / PT makes life easier #2  
Indeed a shame. :(
"They said it was my problem ".....Would that also be Fish & Game?

/ PT makes life easier
No.. but I do plan to give them a call also ... Don't like shooting that close to our homes ....

/ PT makes life easier #4  
Yeah, a few years ago a large buck made its way onto our land with a fatal wound (hunting or age or accidental I will never know). Problem was it was there long enough to start to decompose but close enough to the house to notice. Downside of the PT is that the bucket is in the front. Still have that smell burned in my nose.

/ PT makes life easier #5  
I guess you could drag it behind you, now that we know that痴 a big problem. Thanks for the tip.

/ PT makes life easier
Yeah, a few years ago a large buck made its way onto our land with a fatal wound (hunting or age or accidental I will never know). Problem was it was there long enough to start to decompose but close enough to the house to notice. Downside of the PT is that the bucket is in the front. Still have that smell burned in my nose.

I'll bet you do .... This one was shot early yesterday morning .. A neighbor heard the shot that's how I know. So I got out there fast for that reason.. I didn't want to get it all over the bucket or give it a chance to start stinking.

It's far back off the property but I have a bad feeling.. When the wind kicks up it's not going to be far enough.. Hopefully these Turkey buzzards that always flying around back there are going to take care of it quickly, we do have bears and coyotes too.

/ PT makes life easier #7  
Jeez. On my place it is on the order of 18 hours to skeleton held together with sinew. Mountain lion / coyote / turkey vultures / ravens / yellow jackets. I've seen it stripped in less than 12 hours overnight.

Over the weekend, I heard someone hunting illegally near us. Nothing quite like the sound of a large caliber bullet at high speed.

Stay safe.

All the best,

Peter

/ PT makes life easier #8  
That is a shame.

I find dead ones on our remote tree farm property every few years or so. Most are hit by cars, I believe. I let the family that owns the property next to ours hunt our land. They are very ethical, and there frequently, so no illegal hunting for the past 25 of the 30 years that we've owned it, as far as I know.

/ PT makes life easier
Jeez. On my place it is on the order of 18 hours to skeleton held together with sinew. Mountain lion / coyote / turkey vultures / ravens / yellow jackets. I've seen it stripped in less than 12 hours overnight.

Over the weekend, I heard someone hunting illegally near us. Nothing quite like the sound of a large caliber bullet at high speed.

Stay safe.

All the best,

Peter
Normally it's like that around here too . But as of this morning nothing had touched it . So I ended up going back there again.. I tied a rope around it's neck and drug it another 50 yards back into the woods. Didn't want to use the PT this time, to many logs to climb over and thick sticker bushes back there.

It was starting to smell and by this weekend I know the smell would have been unbearable ... Think I'm going to give the game warden a call and let him know someone is sneaking around back there hunting..

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup Pickup Truck, VIN # 3D7MX48A98G102704 (A32908)
2008 Dodge Ram...
6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...
Wylie Sprayer (A33041)
Wylie Sprayer (A33041)
Hobart Hefty CC/CV Suitcase Wire-Fed Welder (A33349)
Hobart Hefty CC/CV...
CHAIN SLING (A32908)
CHAIN SLING (A32908)
6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...