PT Stump Grinder feedback

/ PT Stump Grinder feedback #11  
I can't really tell from the photo how many teeth are in trouble. If it is just a few chipped teeth, I would go ahead and use it for awhile. Pine stumps aren't going to put up that much of a fight.

You can buy replacement teeth and weld or braze them on, depending on whether you buy a full tooth or just the carbide. It isn't too hard.

I don't own a stump grinder, but for your photo the carbide inserts look almost like they are bolted on, in which case replacing them is a cakewalk.

@johara1: I am curious why you think the hoses are too small. This is a 1460.

All the best,

Peter

They are different diameter or different spiral I think most are double spiral... But carbide is I bet brazed on, those teeth on the newer ones are bolted on the whole tooth and I'm wondering if it isn't a trencher rather than a stump grinder...... jim

/ PT Stump Grinder feedback #12  
My first one had welded on teeth and the newer ones are bolt on.

/ PT Stump Grinder feedback #13  
My first one had welded on teeth and the newer ones are bolt on.

/ PT Stump Grinder feedback #14  
I've got an couple implanted teeth. Does that count? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

/ PT Stump Grinder feedback #15  
So I built my own spinning wheel of death and it is pretty great. If i had your Setup I would consider taking it down to the local machine shop and having the teeth cutoff and then having it drilled to accommodate these. Teeth and Pockets | Green Manufacturing, INC | United States. It’s the teeth I use in mine.

/ PT Stump Grinder feedback #16  
So I built my own spinning wheel of death and it is pretty great. If i had your Setup I would consider taking it down to the local machine shop and having the teeth cutoff and then having it drilled to accommodate these. Teeth and Pockets | Green Manufacturing, INC | United States. It’s the teeth I use in mine.
5F2F6A77-B632-4555-B9CA-A5A1AE568AE6.jpeg

/ PT Stump Grinder feedback #17  
If nobody's interested in buying it you're price is too high.

/ PT Stump Grinder feedback #19  

I would get in touch with Terry at PT.and see if you can get wheel already made up or just get set of teeth. I would make sure it is a stump grinder first..... jim