PT versatility

/ PT versatility #1  

jfh28

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 2425
one of the reasons I got the pt was its versatility and ease of switching attachments........after the snow stopped from this recent storm I went to plow the driveway which is 1/4 mile long through the woods......I put the plow on and got about half way down the drive when I came upon some remnants of the storm....three trees fallen across the drive......these were 70 foot white pines and the heavy snow and high winds just snapped them......so I plowed the drive up to the first one and then drove back to the barn and picked up the chain saw and switched the plow to the grapple bucket.....took all of five minutes.....then back to the trees.......I used the grapple bucket to raise the tree up a little to make the first cut and then raised it higher to cut the tree into more manageable lengths......once they were cut I could pick them up and drive them further down the drive or use the grapple to grab the end of the log and drag it.......after the drive was clear I went back to the barn and switched the grapple back to the plow and went and finished.......most annoying thing about switching attachments is having to leave the nice warm cab to get out and switch hoses...lol.....Jack

IMG_5710.JPGIMG_5712.JPG

/ PT versatility #3  
When the worst part of your day is having to leave the warmth of your cab..... hahahaa

They are handy machines, aren't they!

/ PT versatility #4  
When the worst part of your day is having to leave the warmth of your cab..... hahahaa

They are handy machines, aren't they!
LOL on that.

I've done that with the 4N1, as well. It makes really quick work out of clearing a road.

All the best, Peter

/ PT versatility #5  
Must be inside joke, 2425 w/ a cab?. Although that posting w/ photo of older 1850? with the blue/salmon colored cab was terrific looking, including roof mounted A/C. Had a cab been available currently, machine would receive serious consideration.