PT422 lift arms rise in float

/ PT422 lift arms rise in float #1  

KMA

Gold Member
Tractor
PT422 w/ EH72FI engine swap
Anyone know why my lift arms rise up when placed in float? I don't think they used to do that. It's causing me a problem when attaching my snowblower, because they go upwards and tip the snowblower forward. I think once I add the final bracket the weight of the attachment might hold it down, but I was curious if it should be doing that.

Thanks!

/ PT422 lift arms rise in float #2  
There should be no reason for the lift arms to rise only, except for the contour of the ground as all the ports on the valve are open to tank. The lift arms should free float. No pressure generated.

Have you looked at the float section under the caps on the valve. There might be some trash or rust around the detent.

Look on page 10 of this Prince valve. It is just representative of a float setup.

http://www.princehyd.com/Portals/0/products/valves/LVManual.pdf

Do you have a manual showing your valve.

If you know what valve you have, we might be able to look it up.

/ PT422 lift arms rise in float
Thanks JJ! I will try to look next time I get a chance... maybe this weekend. I just got done finishing up the last bits on the snowblower conversion and put everything away. It was relatively warm today, so maybe I get lucky and the weather will continue. I hate working on things when it's below freezing. :eek:

/ PT422 lift arms rise in float #4  
As JJ mentioned, you probably have some debris under the check valve in the hydraulic control valve.

Mine did this. I cleaned it up really well, opened it and it looked completely clean, but upon reassembly, it worked fine.

Mine has always had some lift action if you crack the valve while operating curl/steer. I put that down to bleed from the other circuits.

All the best,

Peter

Anyone know why my lift arms rise up when placed in float? I don't think they used to do that. It's causing me a problem when attaching my snowblower, because they go upwards and tip the snowblower forward. I think once I add the final bracket the weight of the attachment might hold it down, but I was curious if it should be doing that.

Thanks!

/ PT422 lift arms rise in float
Thanks Peter. I will hopefully get a chance to look at it more come Spring.