PT425 PTO Switch Replacement - How to wire up replacement switch of different brand?

/ PT425 PTO Switch Replacement - How to wire up replacement switch of different brand?
Rob, do you have an OHM meter?
YES, I have several... and an oscilloscope. :)

I would normally have checked the original switch, but it was physically damaged (by me, while swapping out the throttle control) due to bowden cable failure.

Thanks again,

Rob :)

/ PT425 PTO Switch Replacement - How to wire up replacement switch of different brand? #12  
YES, I have several... and an oscilloscope. :)

I would normally have checked the original switch, but it was physically damaged (by me, while swapping out the throttle control) due to bowden cable failure.

Thanks again,

Rob :)
On that note, I'm on my 2nd set of throttle/choke cables. I'm tempted to switch to the engine mounted shorty cables.

Did you find the spacers on the underside of the dash for the right cable? I couldn't figure out why they put them there, so I left them off, only to smash my fingers the next time the steering wheel came around. They're there to lower the right cable handle to provide clearance from the underside of the wheel. :rolleyes:

/ PT425 PTO Switch Replacement - How to wire up replacement switch of different brand? #13  
@smartguyz I never realized that those items were called Bowden cables. Thanks! Live and learn, or at least read TBN and learn.

All the best, Peter

/ PT425 PTO Switch Replacement - How to wire up replacement switch of different brand? #14  
@smartguyz I never realized that those items were called Bowden cables. Thanks! Live and learn, or at least read TBN and learn.

All the best, Peter
Me neither. I looked them up, yesterday too. :ROFLMAO:

/ PT425 PTO Switch Replacement - How to wire up replacement switch of different brand? #16  
Function of PTO switch. Two functions, activate a solenoid to switch on/off the hydraulic flow and interrupt starting circuit?

/ PT425 PTO Switch Replacement - How to wire up replacement switch of different brand? #17  
Function of PTO switch. Two functions, activate a solenoid to switch on/off the hydraulic flow and interrupt starting circuit?
That's the way I understand it. You can't start it if the PTO switch is in the ON position.

I know this for a fact, as I replaced a starter on mine before realizing the problem with it not starting was I bumped the PTO switch. 🙃

Now have a spare starter. 🤫

/ PT425 PTO Switch Replacement - How to wire up replacement switch of different brand?
On that note, I'm on my 2nd set of throttle/choke cables. I'm tempted to switch to the engine mounted shorty cables.

Did you find the spacers on the underside of the dash for the right cable? I couldn't figure out why they put them there, so I left them off, only to smash my fingers the next time the steering wheel came around. They're there to lower the right cable handle to provide clearance from the underside of the wheel. :rolleyes:
Hi MossRoad!

No, I haven't replaced the choke bowden cable yet. I did notice the spacers on the original set. The throttle cable had failed (bound up) and I just needed to get my trust PT back up and running. I was pretty upset with myself for mangling the PTO switch while I was trying to fix the bowden cable. I ordered both cables (They are identical).

Thanks again for the quick responses, you folks are the BEST!

-Rob :)

/ PT425 PTO Switch Replacement - How to wire up replacement switch of different brand? #19  
I maybe getting close to replacing the cables on my 422, and now that i know they're called bowden cables, it should be easier to find a replacement.

/ PT425 PTO Switch Replacement - How to wire up replacement switch of different brand? #20  
I maybe getting close to replacing the cables on my 422, and now that i know they're called bowden cables, it should be easier to find a replacement.
I got mine directly from PowerTrac and they weren't that expensive, as I recall. So compare shopping. ;)