PT425 ROPS Spares Fool's Life

/ PT425 ROPS Spares Fool's Life #11  
Re: PT425 ROPS Spares Fool\'s Life

I agree. There was another post last week that seemed to say that the articulation moved the cog to a 'safer' point.. whereas.. I believe it does not.. however still being a bit better than the fixed frame tractor in the same situation.

Some like articulation.. some dont.. I'd rather have fixed body and 4 wheel steering. Our articulated equipment at work tears up the ground worse than anything I've ever seen.

Soundguy

/ PT425 ROPS Spares Fool's Life #12  

<font color="blue"> Our articulated equipment at work tears up the ground worse than anything I've ever seen. </font>

Wow. I've found the PTs articulation incredible gentle on the turf. Much easier on it than even a garden tractor. On our PT425 if you are sitting still and crank the wheel to the left the left side wheels roll towards each other and the right side roll away from each other. Same thing for turning the other way. Maybe the hydraulic circuits are set up differently, etc... Just curious, but what type of equipment is it?

As for the COG, it definately moves around depending on the steering angle, load on the lift arms, height of the lift arms, etc...

/ PT425 ROPS Spares Fool's Life #13  

Catsco .
I'm glad you weren't hurt !!! I'd like to thank you for reminding me of the hazards of operating any machine on slopes . Through your honesty, Your mishap may have prevented other mishaps . John

/ PT425 ROPS Spares Fool's Life #14  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Wow. I've found the PTs articulation incredible gentle on the turf. Much easier on it than even a garden )</font>

True.. I wasn't specifically thinking of something small like a PT... anything we have on our lot is probably 15k# plus for the small loaders.. up into the 35 ton range for the big stuff like scraper pans.. etc.. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Soundguy

/ PT425 ROPS Spares Fool's Life #15  

That's one of the cool things about TBN... we have so many members with so much experience on so many machines of so many sizes! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ PT425 ROPS Spares Fool's Life #16  

Thank you for posting. There are several steep sloped pastures I mow regularly. Your post helps me to be extra careful.