Chipper PTO Chipper recommendations for Kubota b7800

/ PTO Chipper recommendations for Kubota b7800 #1  

tanderbagy

Tractor
Kubota B7800
I have a kubota b7800, 30hp, 22hp rear pto. Any recommendations for a good pto driven chipper that will handle the up to 5" material well? I am looking for a tough machine. Thanks.

/ PTO Chipper recommendations for Kubota b7800 #2  
Wallenstein BX-42...... though I'm not positive it will do 5" material. Nor am I so sure your 7800 will do 5" material. I would think you are pushing the limit with that tractor.

/ PTO Chipper recommendations for Kubota b7800 #3  
I have a kubota b7800, 30hp, 22hp rear pto. Any recommendations for a good pto driven chipper that will handle the up to 5" material well? I am looking for a tough machine. Thanks.

Wallenstein is a good choice or a used Scandinavian unit. Your machine will not chip 5" hardwood except in very short pieces or lots of stops and starts with a power feeder.

/ PTO Chipper recommendations for Kubota b7800
Thanks Brant and Ductape. So, is it your opinion that I should avoid machines that say they are rated for pto horsepower from 22-50 when my pto is 22hp?

/ PTO Chipper recommendations for Kubota b7800 #5  
Thanks Brant and Ductape. So, is it your opinion that I should avoid machines that say they are rated for pto horsepower from 22-50 when my pto is 22hp?

I think for most people 5" wood is firewood. That said, it's nice to have 5" capability for brushy stuff so it doesn't catch on limbs with a Y in them. I have a Salsco 600 and I like it. I have a B2910 with the same specs as your machine. My unit is rated for 3.5" and I have to trim Y branches before I put them in. Do you have a need to shred leaves and yard debris? if so a straight chipper is not good at that... You'd want a chipper shredder.

Regards,
Chris

/ PTO Chipper recommendations for Kubota b7800 #6  
I have a Bearcat Echo I picked up on Kijiji - takes up to 4.5", manual feed. I haven't tried putting anything bigger than ~3" (maybe 4" at joints) thru but haven't had any issues with it & tractor handles it just fine (19.5 PTO HP). It will take most stuff without having to clear off branches, unless the joint is severe (i.e 70-90 degrees). When I was researching chippers, I can't remember finding anything with a hydraulic feed that needed less than at least mid 20 PTO HP, but there might be something out there.

/ PTO Chipper recommendations for Kubota b7800 #7  
I've got a wallenstein bx42 on a kioti ck27hst (20.5 pto hp). It works very well but I don't have the shredder or any hydraulic feeder. The opening @ the chipper blades is 4" x 10" so it can take a fair size piece. I still have to trim some limbs though.

/ PTO Chipper recommendations for Kubota b7800
Thanks Not Yet Retired. I think I have decided on the Wallenstein. It looks like a pretty solid machine and it is also nice to know that it runs well on your size machine which sounds similar to mine.

/ PTO Chipper recommendations for Kubota b7800 #9  
Glad to help! Also being able to rotate the chute and adjust the deflector you can pretty much put the chips anywhere you want and not have to move the chipper or clean out from under it.

/ PTO Chipper recommendations for Kubota b7800 #10  
I believe power feed is nearly mandatory for a chipper on a smaller tractor. I have a BX42 and fought with myself over spending the extra $2000 for hydraulic feed, but I'm glad I did. Once you stuff the butt end into the feed rollers, you can walk away to grab another piece, or if it starts to slow the engine down, hit the wrap around bar to stop the feed or reverse it to clear a jamb. I run mine with a 2740 Montana, which has 27HP and 22PTOHP. It runs it OK, but sometimes it works it pretty hard......Dan.