pto clicking noise

/ pto clicking noise #1  

Jim Nelson

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800&B7510
I just bought a B 7510D gear type tractor to use mainly to run a chipper.Everything seems to work well until I decelerate while running the chipper,then it starts a rythmic loud clicking noise that gets worse if you depress the clutch or shift the pto to neutral.It does not do this with out any thing attached to the pto.The guy that I bought it from had been into the tranny,said second gear had a tooth broken off.When I did a search a guy said he had a similar noise in his B7800 and one of the replies said "internal over run clutch".I can't find any such critter in the parts book.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.Taking it to the dealer is not an option,the local dealer is terrible.
Thanks Jim

/ pto clicking noise #2  
My b7500 hst does the same thing on both the mid and rear pto, I read abit and determined it must be the overrun clutch. It seems to happen on sudden deceleration and when pushing it the clutch. When no implements are on I assume there isn't the inertia so it doesn't overrun.

/ pto clicking noise #3  
It is a overrunning clutch and the sound is normal.

/ pto clicking noise
Thanks for the responses,I have a B7800 and it doesn't make any noise so I was a little concerned.This little tractor was pretty much rode hard and put away wet during it's earlier life but I bought it for $3500 so figured it was worth the gamble.
Jim