PTO Guard/Shield on CK2610 : does it flip up?

/ PTO Guard/Shield on CK2610 : does it flip up? #1  

mangler

Gold Member
Tractor
Sears G5500, Kioti CK2610
I have seen tractors where the shield flips up, and others where it is fixed. Mine seems to be very tight (or fixed...).

Do I need to loosen the bolts, or grease it?

/ PTO Guard/Shield on CK2610 : does it flip up? #2  
The shield should 'flip up' with some tension/tightness on the two pivot-bolts so that when you move it up it stays up.

Spray it with some lanolin-based product and, if it still won't move, then loosen it/them a tiny bit.

/ PTO Guard/Shield on CK2610 : does it flip up?
The shield should 'flip up' with some tension/tightness on the two pivot-bolts so that when you move it up it stays up.

Spray it with some lanolin-based product and, if it still won't move, then loosen it/them a tiny bit.
Looks like the same guy who installs the hydraulic filters at the factory tightened the PTO shield bolts on my tractor... I'll break the bolts loose, retighten and use some teflon dry lube at the pivot points.

/ PTO Guard/Shield on CK2610 : does it flip up? #4  
My CK4010 PTO shield flips up. In fact I think all of them flip up in CK line. And mine was definitely overtighten before delivery.

/ PTO Guard/Shield on CK2610 : does it flip up? #5  
Looks like the same guy who installs the hydraulic filters at the factory tightened the PTO shield bolts on my tractor... I'll break the bolts loose, retighten and use some teflon dry lube at the pivot points.
😄 Ah, yes... the proverbial 800lb. gorilla who also tightens the 'adjustable' end of grease-gun tips.

That 'creature' sure does get around.

/ PTO Guard/Shield on CK2610 : does it flip up? #6  
😄 Ah, yes... the proverbial 800lb. gorilla who also tightens the 'adjustable' end of grease-gun tips.

That 'creature' sure does get around.
He works for Cummins too! He puts all their oil filters on at the factory😂