PTO Height and the Three point hitch

/ PTO Height and the Three point hitch #1  

RoyKing

Platinum Member
Tractor
M7060HSC/18, RTV-X1100C
I migrated from a 1966 Ford 3000 diesel to a Kubota M7060 with 30" radials. When I hooked up to my old FMC Sidewinder G720 6' bush hog cat1 to my M70 cat 2 I couldn't raise the deck much at all, even with control arms on the short lift holes. Also naturally the PTO shaft was higher off the ground.

I reworked my lower pins dropping them about 6 inches and forward about 3 inches, while putting in a flexlink that brought toplink directly over the bottom pins. Now things are normal again.

Anybody else had to rework threepoint when moving from cat1 to cat2 tractor.

/ PTO Height and the Three point hitch
here is a pic of an old one like mine, I'll post my fix up later

Attachments

• SDW4a.jpg
    SDW4a.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 107
   / PTO Height and the Three point hitch #3  
i have no experience with these or going back and forth, as this is my first set up. but this old junker is a cat 1 set up. I have to adjust the top link to mow, then again to transport, to get it high enough on the road. A hyd top link would be handy. When lowered for mowing, the pto shaft is likely near the limit of angle.... someone welded on a hitch extension which helped with that for me, but they put the pins on the inside.....
But for a very cheap mower, it beats the brush and grass good enough.
I'd suspect you've got the same type of set up there.... if the cost is worth the time spent adjusting and fiddling, make it work :)
I shouldn't hijack your thread but the second pic here is what's left of an old logo....no other markings on this beast. F636A4BC-3B77-426D-BD4E-C8E8B2D557F1.jpeg7816C0E4-EE5B-44F6-AD0F-7888E9C53569.jpeg

/ PTO Height and the Three point hitch
move your lower arm links for more lift and shorten Arms.jpg